brissy river 11am-4pm today

dunney

started holidays todays at 8-30 am.so headed to the tackle store on the way home to grab some top ups and decided to hit the river to kill a few house and try to find some new areas to fish.

rocked up at a spot i havnt fished before not expecting much due to the fact it was almost midday and i didnt even chack the tide but it was rather high..1st cast i was on with a 30cm bream,2nd cast the same again,3rd cast i got bricked by something slightly larger and 4th cast another bream this one only 28cm.

i then proceeded to my ol faith full spot for bream..over the nect few hours i managed another 10 legal bream and about 10 more legal tailer and about 20 tailer goiong arouns 22cm's...

plenty of fish cough unfortunately not a lizard to report.however i did see a school of about 7 swuire all about 50cm's patrolling the shallows tried a few cast at them but they were far to smart for me.

umm well bream were all taken on 1/12 TT jig heads and also these gamakatsu jig heads that use small circle style hooks on a round head about the size of a pea( sorry for this dodgy explanation but i lost the packet..abotu 1/16 tho i think)the gamakatsu are a seriously good jig head with excellent hook up rate..easily out rished the TT's.

most of the tailor were taken on RMG small lures (5cm ish)

my biggest bream personally is about 39cm however i did hook one that went 40cm one time and it didnt fight much and i thought it was small so i gave it to my mate and the rest is very annoying history so they say.

biggest tailor is about 1kg..i have never really tried for large tailor but this year if they finally come ill definately have a crack at them

the hard bodies used were these little kokoda lures..the look at swim exactly the same as SX40's and at only $5 a lure cant go wrong..personally i cant justify spending $20 on a sx40 when u have a massive chance of losing it and they certionally dont outfish these little kokoda things (i can take a pic of them too if you wanna no what colours i used)

i didnt use any bait...i also went out today with a mate who wanted to try fly fishing.he got a few bream and tailor.i got a $hitload more 27cm tailor( i seriously mean over 50 of the buggers).got two that went around 40cm and no bream:(

if u want some tips on wear to get these tailor let me know..at the moment 95% of them are undersized so i didnt really wanna tell people to go to certain spots to catch undersized fish.but if u want to just have spome fun its certainly the go..especially for me as i was only using 3Lb braid

Post edited by: saltshaker, at: 2007/08/15 20:02

If you are using the lures in a spot with heaps of little Tailor, use the Sprogs (Kokoda imitation), but the SX40's do out fish the imitation because the SX40's have a way better swimming style. And they come with Owner hooks which is always good. But like I said, if you are getting alot of Tailor, I wouldn't use the expensive lures.

ohh well at the end of the day i suppose that everyone has there fav lures...

im not saying that these kokoda are better made etc..

just was workign better on the day that sx40's.plus like u said there is no need to use 15dollar lures on tailor when they can easily take them...plus i believe there are better lures for tailor that the little sx40 styles.

Archived