The pin 11/8/07

Troy_79

hey guys, last weekend my boss and his family got a house boat for the weekend down at the pin. I was sitting at home when i received a phone call from him pleading for me to come down and show him where the fish were as they caught only one bream for the first day they were there.

So i joined them on saturday night and anchored for the night at short island. Not much was happening until something slammed my live diver whiting. I was pretty sure it was a big stingray but didn't realise how big it was because after 50min i was still fighting it, i was only using 61b line aswell. I finally got it to the boat and it was the biggest ray i have ever seen

Got a couple of pics but they are bad quality but it gives an idea how big this sucker was. Anyway that was the only action we had apart from some small bream. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Picture_147_AFO.jpg

post-618-14459842425_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah although nobody ever really wants to catch a stingray, it is still great fun to fight the big ones. Once when fishing out in moreton bay with my mates i hooked up to a fairly large stingray and it was a great fight that lasted 10 or 12 minutes.

Archived