ekka day creek sneak

James W

The wifey came home from shopping today with a few presents for me:woohoo: a abu garcia cardinal and a brag mat!...so i threw the yak on the subaru and i was off....tried trolling for a while but the weed was driving me nuts, so i switched to sps and was rewarded with a nice little flatty pretty much first cast:)

drifting with the out going tide the bait seemed to be getting harrased just off the drop off on the downside of the growing sandbank, so drifting just wide i flicked a yo-zuri hardcore on to the sand and began twiching it back in to the water in the path of where i saw the bait flicking...wak! i was on again..and i managed to use my bragmat for the fisrt time:)

45 mins passed with out a touch and i decided to head back to the ramp. saw some more bait being bailed up on the opposite bank...flicked out the sp this time, an two lifts and i was on to a better fish! some good runs and awesome head shakes then the flatty was yak side..put it on the brag nat and it went 55cm....this fish felt full of eggs so a few pics and i let the old girl go...It looks like Ningi Creek is going to have a bumper of a flatty season this spring.

First flatty [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/c-74bf95e6ad8db33e4c5d4f1211b99e68.JPG

post-180-144598424574_thumb.jpg

kiaria...i meant to pm you bout that..sorry..yer mate i foiund that lure pretty good over the shallows, it just swims just above the weed that was bothering me that day, so it came in to good use..im sure i will get a few more on it there too..so il keep ya posted mate

Archived