Home-made HWS and a new purchase

ryanyoung

G'day all,

After a couple of recent trips, I identified the need for lightly weighted, larger hooked jig-heads. I didn't see this as a massive drama, until I went into the tackle store, and found that this is a bit drama. There aren't many companies out there who supply this product. So, after a bit of a talk with the fellas in at Tackle Warehouse, I walked away with some lead wire and some worm hooks....This was the end result....

post-5695-144598843892_thumb.jpg

I forgot to mention, that I am after a light-weighted, weedless jig-head....Cod and yellas :P Anyway, this is the end result, this one has a sink rate of approx. four seconds a metre, which I am pretty stoked with. I also made some heavier ones, however I can't weigh them, as my scales aren't sensitive enough.

Any thoughts and improvements would be much appreciated, as although these were very easy to make, I would love to hear from others who have had similar experiences.

Whilst in at Tackle Warehouse, I came across a decent special.....Daiwa Exist 11. So after a bit of thougth, and checking with the Minister for Finance, I walked away with this 2508 version.

post-5695-144598843908_thumb.jpg

I am really looking forward to getting out and giving these new toys a run.

Cheers, and thanks for putting up with the long-winded spiel.

Ryan.

good idea mate and innovative. once apon a time you used to be able to get a soft moulding lead for that use. was available at bcf but not sure now this was about 3yrs ago around 12 dollars from memory was calle "mould-it" hope this helps ezy

good idea mate and innovative. once apon a time you used to be able to get a soft moulding lead for that use. was available at bcf but not sure now this was about 3yrs ago around 12 dollars from memory was calle "mould-it" hope this helps ezy

Called Solder :whistle:

A fishing store with fly tying gear will have lead wire in different thickness's, Just dab a little superglue or clear nail varnish to seal.

Weigh 10 hooks at a time and divide to find single weight.

Love the thinking outside the box.

Cheers Bri, some good advice there. I can't take credit for the original idea, the fellas in at Tackle Warehouse helped me out with that lol.

A fishing store with fly tying gear will have lead wire in different thickness's, Just dab a little superglue or clear nail varnish to seal.

Weigh 10 hooks at a time and divide to find single weight.

Love the thinking outside the box.

The nail varnish is on (much to Shell's disgust), and they are ready to go....

must be a 'servo thing', my local servo acted the same when I bought a bottle of luminous fluro green nail polish.. :ohmy: didn`t bother telling the guy it was for the tips of my bream rods :lol:

must be a 'servo thing', my local servo acted the same when I bought a bottle of luminous fluro green nail polish.. :ohmy: didn`t bother telling the guy it was for the tips of my bream rods :lol:

Ha ha! Sorry Gad, Shell (Michelle) is my wife :P

Haha, reminds me of when I went into the local pharmacy to grab some nail polish to paint up some lures. I had the women behind the counter all intrigued when I told them it was for my Wednesday night performances at the beat nightclub :lol: Des was standing next to me and she played along and they just didn't know what to think :silly: :woohoo:

Haha, reminds me of when I went into the local pharmacy to grab some nail polish to paint up some lures. I had the women behind the counter all intrigued when I told them it was for my Wednesday night performances at the beat nightclub :lol: Des was standing next to me and she played along and they just didn't know what to think :silly: :woohoo:

The truth is sometimes more unbelievable than a lie, although I reckon they pegged you from the get-go pants :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Don't believe a word he says ! He joined the infantry for the clothes and makeup too. :lol:

Green, green and brown really highlight my mysterious, depthless brown eyes Brian, and OMG.....The cam cream is more like Oil of Olay, so re-vitalising for my smoth soft skin, and aids to reduce ageing :P:P:P:P:P:P

I knew that... :whistle: :lol::lol:

A tear comes to my eye when I see how far the Ryan-kiddy has matured. I remember him as a doe-eyed youngster at State-of-Origin fishing comp all those years ago. He was so small his reel at the time looked huge by comparison. And now he's saved his pennies and its Daiwa Exist now, thank you very much. Gone is that fresh faced youngster.

Archived