Charlie bit my finger!

kreel

A Blakesley's Report 1 and 2 September 2012

CHARLIE BIT MY FINGER! But more about that in a moment.

I was quietly going about my business last Friday night - getting a late meal for tBox and I before a quiet night in. When my phone rang and there was the Sheehan kiddy full of booze asking me where the hell I was and would I get Tacklebox ready to assault Blakeley's and Boat Rock tomorrow? It appears that Mick Fillet had an empty boat and would need some deck slaves to feed bait to the fishes.

I dumped the meal on the bench at home collected tBox and sped off to Coles for a few supplies before we packed our kit forgetting only a few must-haves on a camp, eat our dinns and straight to bed. We were on strict orders to be at the ramp for collection by Mick at 5am, a call from Tugger explained the change of plans as everyones boat was still high and dry at low tide. Tugg's boat was furthest out so he'd be collecting us for a water change over to Mick's boat later in the morning. Time for Maccas.

Tugg collected us, a little blurry eyed and successfully transferred us to Mick Fillet's ship (because 'boat' hardly described this massive vessel), and soon we were monstering our way through the waves to Tugg Rock.

post-2889-144598850331_thumb.jpg

Tugg solidly anchored himself close to the Rock and float lined pillies while the rest of the armada made the best of the situation. Our skipper decided to use the confusing currents to drift eastward of the Rock South to North then east then wherever the hell it chose. It was a hard day for everyone we left the Rock (with 3 Bonito) around 11am to pick up some pots and get the fire ready for the evening feast.

It is almost impossible to take a bad photo on the bay and Blakeley's is no exception.

post-2889-144598850343_thumb.jpg

post-2889-144598850348_thumb.jpg

It was a quieter night than Friday sitting by the fire with 6 or 7 chickens, a pumpkin, spuds and numerous garlic breads quietly doing their own thing on the fire as we all succumbed to the beautiful night, the booze and the good company.

post-2889-144598850353_thumb.jpg

So what about this Charlie fellow and who/what did he actually bite?

As I said we left the Rock on Saturday to check Mick's pots, the first 2 of which had been raided and crabs removed. Not deterred we lifted all the pots and pulled a veritable feast of Muddies aboard. I'd never handled crabs before and was excited by the danger and the thought of yummy crab IN MY BELLY. Mick was doing all the sorting and tBox decided to have a shot at hurling a surly little bitch overboard when it took exception to her efforts and nipped some bark off her finger. tBox is tougher than that and gritted it out.

When it was my turn to face up to one of the brutes I gripped it carefully and thought I had it under control when Charlie ...

post-2889-14459885036_thumb.jpg

… nipped my finger. Obviously I'd pulled my finger abruptly away from the offending crab and with it took the claw. Mick was all over the problem quickly cracking the claw, releasing me from its grasp and just as quick - applied the appropriate mandade

post-2889-144598850368_thumb.jpg

So a re-cap - Round 1 to Charlie, who was obviously fighting out of his weight range - SIde-by-side comparison:

post-2889-144598850375_thumb.jpg

Round 2 to Kreel on a yummy TKO

post-2889-144598850384_thumb.jpg

A week later and I have a cool wound. In the immortal words of Bartholomew Simpson: "Wounds heal, chicks dig scars".

post-2889-14459885039_thumb.jpg

Kudos to Tugger for being a legend, Kudos to Mr Fillet for outmanning everyone (provided us with an air mattress, cooked the feast, made the spit fittings, built his own live well and as far as I know built his ship from discarded aluminium cans).

Vote 1 Mick Fillet for "AFO McGyver"

Kreel,

Henry and I have actually been calling Mick "McGyver" for ages...

Get into a conversation with him about clove oil or what he does with bull shark livers and you will be positively blown away.

I get back from a massive road trip the day before the next wanderers at Wave Break but courtesy of all these reports ill be doing my absolute darndest to be there!!!!!!

Angus

So who ended up with the loaded Tabasco Claw?????

It is my belief that you Mr MoparKevUk (if that is in fact your real name) consumed the fiery tidbit. My theory is that being of the British persuasion and therefore partial to an evening at the local with the obligatory consumption of many pints of beer followed by lashings of the Brit staple - fiery curry. You have vulcanized your taste buds thus making them impervious to Mr Fillet's lava filled morsel. And in so doing you would not have noticed its consumption.

And so, your honor,I rest my case.

Mate! In my defence I must admit to having a liking for feisty, firey food and tit-bits. My Spicy bhuna mix with chilli cashews, plus Wasabi nuts are always rejected by the pure Oz fellows. Your palate in Oz is not sophisticated enough, go with the flow, man up and get some spice in yer life! :P The tabasco crab claw tingled, but did not raise a sweat ;)

congratulations Kreel on the PB crbin scar.We will have to catch up shortly and try to upgrade your PB :pinch:

iam suprised that heeled up alright aye. ;),pitty the fish didnt play the game.was great weekend thanks for comin along kreel/Tbox

@gary_C -iam glad you like chilli crab,i think you will love my XXX rated chilli crab then.i use a trinidad scorpion which i smash up and add to the crab dish.

The trinadad scorpion is the worlds hottest chilli regerstering ova 2milion scovils. :evil:

so gary you think the Aussie taste buds are a bit weak aye..........challenge accepted ;) its been a while scince ive heard a yank squeel :P :kiss: lol

if i stop watering my chili now they should be hoter enough for you just in time for wave break

post-5342-144598851055_thumb.jpg

You heard it here sports fans.

In the red, white and blue corner - Gary_C of the North American persuasion

Taking on

In the corner store with a chickko-roll wearing a Jackie how - Mick McGyver Fillet

Get ready for the Rumble-in-the-Wave-Break. Where we see these titans of spice sock it out in a down and dirty CHILLI-OFF.

The only question now is - will we have a contender from the

Mother country, will Mr MoParKevUk make this a three way tussle. He's known to have already consumed a Tabasco soaked crab claw then chewed on a few hot coals so he didn't lose the slight zingy taste. Will MoPar join the fray?

Stay tuned, stay spicy!

Archived