Stimulate with Ultrabite

Mick

Has anybody used this stuff...

/>http://www.okuma.com.au/home/stimulate/product.asp?pid=SWUIB

I got a freebie DVD a the tackle shop yesterday and it was a promo for this stuff... Paul Burt was doing his usaual rent a pimp selling it...

I am smart enought to know the wonders of editing etc and alway watch these things as more entertainment than reliable data...but I like the idea of the stuff, and was windering if it actually works..

I was thinking of having a line out with this stuff on it while flicking an SP arounds... still no smelly bait required...

Interesting you should mention that Schultzy. I was catching fish in the Bay one day and decided to throw in some pre mixed pre packed burley a friend had given me. The fish stopped biting almost immediately. Tried it again the next trip - same thing. I'm not sure what brand it was as I threw it out after the second try. It came in a resealable stiff plastic bag with red writing and trim on the packet.

ellicat wrote:

Interesting you should mention that Schultzy. I was catching fish in the Bay one day and decided to throw in some pre mixed pre packed burley a friend had given me. The fish stopped biting almost immediately. Tried it again the next trip - same thing. I'm not sure what brand it was as I threw it out after the second try. It came in a resealable stiff plastic bag with red writing and trim on the packet.

Thats the stimulate berley...

Schultzy what was the stuff that worked...

Gazza,

I like Bozos plastics but hate the garlic scent they come in. Have to wash them maybe?

You've reached enlightenment regarding scents. The research conducted by marine biologists (who aren't on a lure makers payroll) indicates that artificial scents only influence fish's feeding response at very close quarters, around 30cm.

This means that you have to have the lure very close to the fish before any effect of the scent kicks in.

Ultimately it is the man/woman on the rod and the lure design that make the difference.

If scents give you a confidence boost by all means use them. Otherwise spend the money on more lures or pay the kid next door to mow the lawn so you can go fishing.B)

Now natural berley is a different story.

I have tried putting ultrabite on my bait and it hasn't put the fish off but I'm pretty sure it didn't help either. But for what it's worth I have caught bream on mullet strips that have ultrabite on them. I reckon it had more to do with the fact that it was mullet though ;)

i hav used the spary, clear liquid, red bait liquid and the instabait.i find the spray and the red liquid to be ok at times - sometimes nothing but other times it goes off.... and the instabait was ok but tooo soft and didnt stick to the hook - i think i had to stick some sand in it to thicken it up a bit.

Archived