i want to fish briz river, please help.

Pikey

coming from toowoomba to brizvegas early in the morning to have a bash at brizzie river fishing. can anyone help me out with locations to launch my boat close to river mouth, best spots and the like. also will it be worth my while travelling down the way the weather looks? cheers fellas

Welcome to the site. The weather looks like it is coming good with winds undet 15knots initially and dropping through the day.

I would recommend launching from the ramp in the boat passage. You turn left off the gateway just before the Gateway bridge and follow the Port of Brisbane Motorway. After you cross the boat passage do a u turn in the next roundabout and proceed back over the boat passage and the turn off to the ramp is on your left.

From the boat passage you have access to the sunken wall immediatley opposite, Boggy creek just downstream a bit, luggage point downstrea, a bit more or the walls on the opposite nank where they are extending the port.

I would suggest going through the old posts for more hints and info on fishing the above locatations.

Cheers

Ray

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2007/08/25 20:28

First of all, Welcome to AFO and good to hear from you.

There's another boat ramp at Fisherman's Island, as Elli said have a look at Google maps for some directions.

As for fishing spots have a look through the old posts, you will find a lot of info there. ;)

Look forward to hearing how you went tomorrow night.

:blush: oops I was a bit late.

Post edited by: chubbstar, at: 2007/08/25 20:35

Welcome to the site mate.

Either of the above ramps mentioned are worth a shot. Around the sunken wall and most other rocks walls near the mouth people have been getting fairly consistant bream and squire.

What sort of fish do you usually target?

If you fish any structure with live bait you also stand a good chance at cod.

Angus

Archived