links or vidios on using suspending lures

bulldogs195461

Sorry for the misread, John.

How about a personal one to one ?

Are you coming to the BRC for any of the 3 days ? Good opportunity to meet up with a heap of lure men for a lesson on the water or on the beach. Knowing the Damiki guys and almost all the BFO luring crew they would be more than happy to help you out. It's only a few weeks away.

Even if you're not competing, rock on up.

guys coudnt agree more,went with my son on a fishing guide brad smith have never looked back re soft plastics,amazing the difference,worth every cent.but just want to expand our knowledge,i will try to make the day you suggest,theres some great info vids that give you a little idea,but as i said i coudnt find anything of substance on these.ok one final question ,whats the brc?(yes as i said if i can learn i will try to get there)just need a leave passs,lol

cheers john

guys coudnt agree more,went with my son on a fishing guide brad smith have never looked back re soft plastics,amazing the difference,worth every cent.but just want to expand our knowledge,i will try to make the day you suggest,theres some great info vids that give you a little idea,but as i said i coudnt find anything of substance on these.ok one final question ,whats the brc?(yes as i said if i can learn i will try to get there)just need a leave passs,lol

cheers john

Hey Bulldogs,

How was your day fishing with Smithy? Just bumped into him on the water on saturday morning haha and he had already got some good fish.

I'll do my best to make it to the BRC and have a chat with you about the lures etc and try to help out where i can.

ecat - im only field staff im no pro

mate simply brilliant,great teacher ,great bloke,we coudnt say enough,we have gone from nil fish with sp to now being reasonable and totally love them,even land based they are great.but smithy is worth every cent.he mainly taught us using sp plus vibrating lures,and reading the water for fishy spots.

can you just give me a heads up on these pontoons though,do you just cast ,let them settle then slowly reel in with several twitchs to get action,and when you twitch do these vibrate a little,also when you twitch do you move your rod up and done or quick side to side?just if your got a spare minute to reply,cheers john

mate simply brilliant,great teacher ,great bloke,we coudnt say enough,we have gone from nil fish with sp to now being reasonable and totally love them,even land based they are great.but smithy is worth every cent.he mainly taught us using sp plus vibrating lures,and reading the water for fishy spots.

can you just give me a heads up on these pontoons though,do you just cast ,let them settle then slowly reel in with several twitchs to get action,and when you twitch do these vibrate a little,also when you twitch do you move your rod up and done or quick side to side?just if your got a spare minute to reply,cheers john

Hi John

I will see if i can get a quick video done this week for you showing rod angles and how to work the greedy guts and the crackjack

cheers

rob

here ya go john, i managed to put together a very quick video this morning

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lQc7zECubc&feature=youtu.be

in the video i used a crackjack but you can use the exact same retrieves with the greedy guts. just vary your speed and style of retrive every 10 casts until you get a hit or a fish and then duplicate that retrieve method to see if thats what the fish want. one you know what they are looking for, it makes it easier to catch them. hope the video helps in some way

i will try and look at making longer ones soon covering rods, reels line etc in a how to series.

here is another video from we flick about the crackjacks as well.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd7iTki9q1Y

cheers

rob

Nice video man, I liked that the sound is nice and clear and you explain it well. I couldn't agree more, the slowroll is the most consistent retrieve and lets the lure do its thing, whilst the twitching/jerking retrieve is deadly on the flats as it hangs it in their face and the bream are often actively feeding.

zim man can you tell me the difference between a greedy guts and crackjack,was just pondering this after going back through the post im trying the crackjack but others seem to like the greedyguts.

cheers john

hi john

both the greedy guts and crackjacks have the casting weight system in them to help get you longer casts and maintain stability in the lures actions.

the bill of the crackjack and the body shape is different. the bill of the crackjack allows for a slightly wider wobble. the body is more typical of shad like lures favoured by bream fisherman although it is also deadly on bass

The greedyguts is more of a slimmer longer profile and has a tighter wiggle. i favour them for cleared waters and more finicky fish. i find that it is easier for me to use them in the jerkbait style (that is to twitch the rod and work it aggressively as in the video) and they put out a good erratic action with lots of flash.

which is better? this is a toughie, alot of people like the crackjacks and for good reason, they have won comps and caught big fish and have been on the market longer. crackjacks in the larger sizes have smashed alot of cod and jacks and i sell a heap of them during this time of year for anglers targeting those fish. I prefer them for bass myself although my sponsored anglers prefer the crackjacks.

Brad smith of smithies charters started using the crackjacks and then i sent a few greedyguts and now he uses both as they both put fish on for the clients. he chooses the lures dependant on the depth and clarity of the water that he is fishing as he mainly trolls and needed a lure that runs true.

it comes down to personal preference and which lure gives you the most confidence, they are both more than capable of doing the job.

my personal preference is crackjacks for bream on flats greedyguts in canals coz of the clearer waters and greedyguts for bass because i like longer minnow profile lures for bass but there will be others out there that may prefer it the other way round. (i.e Greedy guts do very well in victoria on bream)

i hope that helps and i didn't waffle on too much. feel free to ask if you have any more questions

cheers

rob

no,thats great zim,very detailed,yes brad put me onto the crackjack,im pretty sure we trolled it with great success,yet others have said its not good for trolling,im looking to use them in estuaries,one final snippet which is the best for flatties in the estuaries and any favourite colour.

cheers john

for flatties, the 48mm and even better the 58mm. both in deep divers. colourwise depends on water clarity and personal preference. in the 48 i would go for the ghost gill, threadfin shad and the bloody tiger prawn. in the 58mm, i would go for the threadfin shad and yellow yamame colour but being flathead, just get the lure in its face and they will do the rest

Archived