Bribie - snapper and tuna hunt yesterday 30th

pcsolutionman

got down to bribie beach around 1pm after my brother and I finished some work we had on. rigged up the yaks and dragged them down to the beach, No immediate signs of tuna :? :? but hopes still up. Chucked on some plastics and headed towards the beacon to fish for some snapper while waiting for some tuna to hopefully come by :lol::lol: . First drift past the inside of the beacon and as I passed it noticed a few large fish on the sounder turned to tell Jamie and as I did the 14lb outfit I was working got smashed, New it was a Snapper straight away with the tell tale head thumps, This was a very solid fish easily the biggest Snapper ive hooked out there :shock: :shock: it screamed line off and took around 30M before I turned his head but as I did the hooks pulled :(:(:( . Anyway paddled back for another drift tail between my legs lol. don't know if dropping the first fish put them off or not but, Didn't get another touch for around 2 hours. Still no signs of any tuna, not a single bird to be seen either. Jamie paddled back to the beach for a pit stop while I fished on. finally got a solid hit on the 6lb outfit but this was no snapper :o not a small fish though :D:D a few short runs and I got sight of a nice solid flathead around the 55cm mark got him about 2M from the boat and the hooks pulled :(:( . not my day I thought. Jamie paddled back out but for the next while we couldnt tempt anything until Jamie got a blistering run close to the Beacon on his 8lb outfit :D this thing took a good 20M of line before biting him clean off (a good tailor maybe?). Still no signs of tuna unfortunately :? Getting late by this stage had a few more drifts with the only fish of the day to be boated a little estuary Cod Jamie got (around 25cm) .

turned out to be one of those days that could have been. thats twice out there now I have dropped a good fish and not had another taker, I think they are easily spooked. We both had our tuna outfits at the ready but they just didn't make an appearance, maybe next time. Oh well cant complain its only the second time ive gone there and come home empty handed.

hope you enjoyed the read

Lee

Must have been a good fish to be screaming off drag on a 14lb outfit.

Where do you live (roughly)? you seem to be able to just walk down to Bribie Beach and start fishing.

Still, must have been fun to be out. I was doing a 1.5hr long Chemistry exam while you were out there. I know what I would prefer:(

Archived