Hooks used on charters

Gazza

The so called circle hooks used on some charter boats Suk :angry:

I thought hard (yes it was painfull :silly: )but came to the conclusion if it's hard to put bait on ie: the normal way doudle it over to hide the hook but point exposed it has to be even harder for the hook to sink in :pinch:

My first drop I was on (ask Chilli) and not even half way up gone :blink: strange this happened to most of us the only reasonning to why this was happening was the huge reverse of the point going back to the shank the fish would take the bait and not want to let go of their prize till all of a sudden they realised that hey I'm going up and let go :(

as they wheren't actually hooked but had the bait in their gobs and thought stuff this and spat the bait

I know Jeff will agree as he changed to his hooks and a fish every drop :silly:

So for me a lesson learnt Take Your own Hooks

The hooks used where long liner hooks

hooksAFO.jpg

Look familiar guys

not true circle hooks but designed for the fish to hook themselves and not escape Feral hit the nail on the head when he said the only reason he was on was a serious bend in the 30 kg rod he was using so the guys striking at a good attack where actually self destrucking useing those hooks :angry:

nothing away from u Feral you had a broom stik in hand but it worked lmao

just a long heads up :whistle:

Gaz

Post edited by: Gazza, at: 2007/09/02 05:25

Could be right Gazza, you are not supposed to strike using circle hooks but let the fish hook itself. My Favourite hooks are the hooks like the Shiners, Big mouth etc, where the the whole end bit points back at the eye, I dont like the ones with the extended barb where the last half of the barb points drastically back in.

these hooks r designed to let the fish swallow the bait and hook itself. they r commonly used where people don't or cannot keep an eye on every set ups.

u should understand that most of the blokes going charter fishing have little to no experience. they r not able to detect the bite and set the hook at the right time, so it is better to use those hooks and let the fish hook up themselves.

sure this is not a best way to fish but very realistic and effective for beginners especially those who don't wanna improve fishing skills and just wanna catch a fish or two and taste it for the rest of the life,ha

just my 2 cents.

Archived