idiots on the water!!!

e-fish-n-sea

Just got back from Mooloolaba after taking the family out for fish and chips at the spit and was amazed to see a ski boat going out through the bar with 3 young kids on board -1 spotter a driver and towing a tube with 2 kids on it.this was followed by a jet ski with 2 kids on it not wearing life vests ive seen some stupid things b4 but this would be one of the worse!!!!

pretty young kids mate?

Personally, I don't care whether or not the adults are wearing life jackets. They're dumb enough (and presumably old enough) to make their own decision.

Bit irresponsible though when they aren't looking after their kids safety. Particularly given Mooloolaba can be a busy bar!

http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/Safety/Waterskiing.aspx

Personal flotation devices (PFD) and life jackets for skiers

Waterskiing involves towing people behind a boat on skis, bare feet, inflatable toys, boards and parasailing.

PFD type 2, 3 or a wetsuit with inbuilt flotation approved as a PFD type 3 in smooth water limits.

PFD type 2 in partially smooth water limits.

It is compulsory for all children under 12 years of age, in open boats under 4.8m, while underway, to wear an appropriately fitted life jacket at all times. Find out more information about life jackets.

p.s. I'm bored

Sadly some gene pools still like to offer child sacrifices to their ‘it was a terrible accident’ Gods :(

This is how the surviving (so far) generation of the shallow end of the gene pool, pass on to the next generation, the art of playing with natural selection. :dry:

i had to put this post up as i couldnt believe that people would risk their kids just for fun on a tube my kids wear a jacket all the time even though they dont need it as the boats 6.3 mtrs im sure im not the only one who have seen stupid people on the water so what have you seen??????

Traveling down the passage on thursday and had jet ski coming up behind me. They pulled out around me, both people on the ski looking at me as they went pass and missed hitting a green marker by no more than half a metre. I nearly cr@pped my pants and i bet they did too.

Now i grew up with a jetski so i dont bag them out as there are just as many idiots on jetskis as there are driving boats and cars. Ive come to the conclusion that some people are just plain idiots no matter what they drive.

Archived