ute netting

faulked

does anyone know the current legislation on covering utes im getting lots of missinformation from friends and cant find any guidlines on the net .

do i need to cover loose tools in a ute so the cant come out in an;accident

; driving

; cornering

; normal conditions

cheers for any help as im a bit lost and dont need more fines

Yeah what Mottley said basically if you have anything that is loose whatsoever and I mean anything could be your pluggers you will get booked! I sell ute nets at my work and I have unloaded about 35 in the last fortnight because i got guys coming in getting booked $150 per loose item they are really cracking down on it hey :unsure:

One of my guys got fined $150 about 2 weeks ago at 6 am for having his work boots unsecured in the back of his ute. The sides are 250mm high but by the letter of the law they weren't secured.

I don't doubt that the young guy may have given the police some attitude which may have contributed to what seems to be a harsh penalty when that was the only thing in the back of the ute.

Tie it down boys the police have made it clear on the radio they are focusing on unsecured loads DUI and speeding has been down so they have to raise revenue somewhere. :evil:

Archived