Trout fishing

Ashhley

Hey guys, in December I'm going over to New Zealand for Christmas, I'm hopefully going to go fishing for trout in the river that runs through Palmerston North, just wondering what lures I should look at using, hard bodies, plastics and ill probably take a fly rod,

Any help would be appreciated

I never spent much on trout lures never needed to the fish were never fussy for me my fav lure as freedomhawk said is the tazzie devil I slayed them on that one all failing that a black and gold toby was next best one followed by a small cicada spinner in the shallow creeks never did me wrong. favourite tazzie was the brown trout one.

Pic of a south island rainbow on a tazzie to wet ya whistle

post-11011-144598927213_thumb.jpg

black and gold toby or green and gold toby go over to the east side of the manawatu gorge / thats the woodville side the water is abit deeper there for spinning send me a msg closer to the time i have a relly that fishs it alot

kiwi pete any suggestions who i can hit up a guide for a 1/2 day or 1 day trip? heading over in august for a bit of skiing, will be in christchurch and making my way down to queenstown.

call in and see the guys at hunting and fishing christchurch or google there web site

im not sure if the rivers will be open for fishing then ?

kiwi pete any suggestions who i can hit up a guide for a 1/2 day or 1 day trip? heading over in august for a bit of skiing, will be in christchurch and making my way down to queenstown.

sorry bud but thats closed season for trout then season opens in october BUT lakes Waitaki,Avemore and Benmore up the Waitaki valley heading up towards Central Otago are fishable all year round with a licence if you want a guide take me with you haha

Archived