Gulp types

Fisher_90

Yeah Pink lures and plastics have always been a favourite for flatties. Chartruese is always up there as well.

Its a cliche, but i like Pumpkin ssed. Not becuase it was the popular one. But because its catches me the most fish!

I have also heard good reports recently on Nuclear Chicken and Mango Ripple.

I also bought some minnows on the weekend in \"Old Cheese\" or something.

Ill let you know how they go when i have something to report!

Angus

Angus wrote:

Ellicat: Im not entirely sure of the meaning.

Fisher_90: 4\" and even 5\" is better for flatties. They are not scared of big baits. Even a 30cm flatty wont shy from a 5\".

Angus

Agree totally. Bigger bait, Bigger Hook, Bigger Fish.

My gun Flathead lures are jelly prawn squidgy Fish and silver coloured squidgy shads. Use both jigging and slow bottom retrieves. They do also love those pumpkinseed grubs.

\"Old cheese\" is a coloquialism for wife. Like \"trouble and strife\", \"the missus\", etc etc. Not meant to be offensive. When I saw that you had bought an \"old cheese\" soft plastic and knowing you'll soon be married and therefore you will have an \"old cheese\"......:)

Might be showing my age with an old saying:blush:

Just bought some more gulps for bribie, Got 2 packets of shrimp in new penny and molting and a packet of worms in nuclear chicken, all of them work IF used correctly. For flatties use a jighead thats pretty heavy and flick it along the bottom, say 1/6 - 1/2 should cover you. go the 3\" Shrimp for Flatties in the brightest gayest colour you can find and you'll be sweet!

Archived