Any longtails around Peel ATM?

kmcrosby78

Taking a mate fishing on Sunday - he doesn't like super early starts like me so rather than head to Mud to chase squire I'm thinking I'd like to chase some tuna. This time last year they were all around the north and eastern side of Peel - anyone seen any around there lately?

Cheers.

Cheers Mark. I might head to Mud then and perhaps troll around it in hope of coming across a few tailor. Have still only been around 1/3 of it in my tinny so be good to explore a bit more. Judging by the weather forecast there will be PLENTY of boats out there - just hope we get a trailer park being a little later.

I havent seen any tuna on surface in my past 4+ outings it has been a bit weird.

There was so much bait inside the banks near peel i dont know why they wouldnt be down there. I came across an acre of whitebait on surface a week ago with no predators to be seen.

Have only heard of a couple caught recently where as they seemed to be thicker 3 weeks ago.

mate hit the snaps at peel around the wrecks at the turn of the tide we did good there friday

Do you mean the ones on the south-east corner Colin? If so would you mind PM'ing me any special tips for how close, etc? I meant to hit Mark up for more info on there prior to last years snapper social but left it too late. Hmmmm you may have just changed my mind - change of scenery would be refreshing, and there are the Banana Banks nearby to try for some whiting. Yep, think you changed my mind!! Cheers.

Good size livies on dawn or dusk. legal live tailor got monstered as did a 30cm mack tuna. think it was this time of year as well. 6m of water incoming tide. probably get them on 4-5inch paddle tail lures as well if you present them nicely the traffic isnt nuts.

saw a video recently that a guy got a 90cm snapper pretty much at the closest beacon to the shipwrecks.

Lol I'm trying to make up my mind in where to go tomorrow aswell..either way both will b a car park

What time are you heading out mug?

I will at the port of Brisbane boat ramp at 5:30..keep an eye out for a black bluefin wildcat side console..come and give us a holla

Well my son has made the decision for me so we will be launching at Vic Pt and heading to west peel artificial, move to sw rocks and the maybe goat after that. If you end up heading down that way I will be in a white 4.2 quintrex renegade. Looking to launch at 5.

If by chance we sleep in then mud will be the go and I will prob see u at the ramp!

Lol I'm trying to make up my mind in where to go tomorrow aswell..either way both will b a car park

What time are you heading out mug?

I will at the port of Brisbane boat ramp at 5:30..keep an eye out for a black bluefin wildcat side console..come and give us a holla

Well my son has made the decision for me so we will be launching at Vic Pt and heading to west peel artificial, move to sw rocks and the maybe goat after that. If you end up heading down that way I will be in a white 4.2 quintrex renegade. Looking to launch at 5.

If by chance we sleep in then mud will be the go and I will prob see u at the ramp!

I'll be around Peel somewhere (probably south-east corner) plus possibly Banana Banks from about 11:30am so will keep an eye out for you in case you are still out and about. I'm in a 4.2m white tinny with white 30hp Johnno. Good luck guys.

No Jeremy plenty of small stuff (have never seen so many bream come up a berley trail!!!) but nothing to write home about and the ONLY squire we got wasn't much bigger than 10cm (my mate was having fun with the nursery in the burley trail!!!!). He got 4 silver trevally so one got released with two hooks in it, darted around a bit which got me excited a few times but remained uneaten unfortunately.

No tuna action on the southern side of Peel - decided not to go round the north side. What I suspect were choppers were busy for a while off to the side of the wreck but couldn't be bothered upping anchor.

Ran into Ted, Jarryd and the boys at the ramp - think fatigue from a long Wanderers may have set in (twice ....... :whistle: ). Water police were doing thorough safety checks and breath tests when we arrived back on sunset. Think one boat/set of people did a runner on them after they got their boat out - think it was to do with their allround white light.

Beautiful day on the water - in fact I don't think you could ask for more pleasant conditions. I wonder if that contributed to the lack of surface action? That and the million boats!!!!

My trip went.... well not much better. I got 4 undersize squire though between the 25-35 cm range. Went to west peel artificial to start. Started moving to south west rock about 8:30. Came across school of what I am sure were good size tailor chopping up some bait by luck as no birds were onto them. I threw what i had at them quickly for no hits. While chasing them around I was waiting for a flotilla of boats to arrive as we were well within view of the car park, however only one boat joined. For about ten minutes we teamed up, when they moved on we pointed each other in the direction when we located them again. It was refreshing to meet some other courteous weekend fishos out there. I gave up and went south. Got nothing but a catfish and a grinner which decided to give me a nice bite while trying to release it (please tell me thats a Moreton Bay Blessing!).

Headed back to west peel artificial. And excuse me but can someone tell me if I am getting a little bit of water rage after not having much luck since I bought the new rig, or if my rage is justified...... We sounded for a while and finally came upon a small bait ball on the sounder and a few arches. Anchor up strategically right on them for a last ditch effort with the sun being so high, and as soon as we do a boat drives on in no further than 15 metres away (not on electric), directly behind me where I plan on deploying baited lines... :angry:

Serioulsy....I almost felt like throwing an unweighted pillie into their tinny to see if I could get a bite!

So...what is the unwritten rule about being behind someone? I had to be...calm... :whistle: because my son was on board. :unsure:

Andrew that sux mate, I am home tomorrow by the looks of things so I will get in touch, need to do a Brissy river night session like we discussed. I will get my under gunnel lighting wired in on Thursday and we shall have another crack at those jewies that have been evading us lately. I will call you. As for blooding the new rig, you will mate and once the floodgates open ..........haha

I find Peel is either all on or all off for me........I can do well some days on (first place I ever bagged on snaps) or get nothing but pike and grinners on others. It doesn't stop me from trying however. Definitely always worth a try if the weather is good.

Archived