Brissy river expedition

Runty66

Hey Guys,

Here’s a quick report from last night’s fishing adventure..

To say that Hugo (Hfisho77) was desperate for a fish would have been an understatement and with the weather looking average it may have been even longer before his casting hand felt relief.

We went with the ‘yolo’ approach and decided to head out anyway in 15 odd knots for a river session to see if the Jew were keen. Been awhile since I’ve fished the river and after hearing about all the good Jew around I was eager to get into it! There were also high hopes of good by catch like Snapper, Tailor and of course the humble bream to keep the rod loaded!

We got out onto the water at around 3pm and went straight to our first spot near the mouth were we deployed the electric and began the drift. We got off to a cracker start with Jew, bream and tailor within the first 30 mins and of course a big bust off from a suspected snapper (bloody silly string).

post-9085-144598966121_thumb.jpg

As the sun went down the fishing slowed a little, but the sounder lit up, with big shows of bait fish all along the drop off. We spent a couple more hours sitting on the drop offs casting Zman curly tails and Zman Shrimps around the bait balls where the bigger fish sat feeding. Hugo was first to hook up to a better Jew! And not long after I got into the fun!

post-9085-144598966131_thumb.jpg

post-9085-144598966138_thumb.jpg

With an early start the next morning we made the call for last drift to try and top off a nice little haul and give the lonely tailor some company in the esky.

Not long into the drift, I had hooked up to a very solid fish running all round the place with intense head shakes and powerful runs. After a nice little fight up pops my PB Snapper at 63cm and on that note we called it a night.

Frustratingly, my phone died so I couldn’t get a photo of the snapper, this also made it interesting at the boat ramp waiting for the mother.

Finally we got home and a big feed was had, all in all a great night out.

Tally was, 5 Jew, tailor, load of bream and a pb snap (in a few hours).

Thanks for the company Hugo, gotta try get out for another midweek night fish now that holidays have begun!! Yewww.

Tight lines,

Runty

Was a fun session indeed, thanks Runty. Was great to finally get on the water after 2 months which must be some sort of record for me. The feeling of a fish on the line was sublime. Stoked on the new PB Jewie at 67cm (The two bigger models were 67 and 65 Ross). Bummer about the lack of cameras for that snapper though!

Archived