Cool clip and pic of a Queeny

SEQFADVD

Just wondering about Killing Flathead? In one of Keiths videos he showed us that breaking a flatheads neck would kill it, I found it doesn't kill it but paralyse it. I did it yesterday put it back in the live well and it was still breathing so I put a knife in its brain to do it properly........Does anyone else have this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

I would agree if it was caught on another lure mate. We keep our footage true and defiantly not misleading. The same lure it was caught with was put back where the fish was hooked for a couple of still pictures. simple as that it was not our intention to mislead anyone its not what we're about and we use any lure that catches fish watch any of our footage they come from a heap of different company's. cheers SEQFA

It isn't that simple... factually it's incorrect. It also comes off as a thinly veiled advert. If it is so, then say so.

The same rules apply from journalism/photography. An ethical line is crossed when the scene is manipulated. The integrity of the photo and the word of the author is compromised in exchange for an ulterior motive.

The comparison between Andrew Ettingshausen vs. Lee Rayner come to mind. I know whose coin fills my tacklebox and I'm sure I could take an educated guess who takes their wallet out at the counter for those two mentioned.

Take this as constructive criticism, the MJ DVD had the element of pure fishing, it was unbiased and informative. Sadly I think this element isn't so clear anymore.

Cheers

Eug

Good vid and nice fish, but I too will go a little off topic

post-1039-144598968883_thumb.jpg

A bit like this pic that turned up in my newsfeed Eug. No chew marks, barb not even penetrating. Yet the fish appears to be bleeding from the gills.

Maybe legitimate, but not sure.

This is only going to feed the fire but in my first reply Ive told you "so" yea we put the lure back in for a picture whats the big deal? it doesnt get me anywhere by doing this but i can put it up on my photo wall at home and remember the fun times had the lure that caught the fish and exactly where I/we caught it and note this in my diary for later trips . Tomca and Eug I proud myself on being honest ( this is shown in the Jack dvd) and I have the footage to prove both these fish were caught exactly where they were hooked. I pay for all my tackle,lures,rods etc just like you guys do so if I choose to post pic's on my wall or the lure manufactures wall it is my right to do so. Instead of spending your time getting upset or frustrated about simple pics get out there and spend some time on the water and relax. Not everyone out there has ulterior motives. You may read this and think to yourself this guy is full of it but if you know me you'll soon change your mind. cheers for the constructive criticism i'll take it in and quickly dismiss it.

Archived