Braving the weather this weekend whos out

pancakes_and_haggis

Well its not a report as weve been lazy recently on photos but theres been good numbers of squire hitting the newely carpeted decks of my tinny with a few tailor , squid and cuttlefish thrown in for good measure.

As per usuall ive been kind to plastic fantastic and let him outfish me on most occasions by at least 4 to 1!! Although to his credit he let me blood the boat before he casted it wasnt a pike but we will leave it at that.

So back to the purpose of the thread, whos out this weekend weather doesnt look too good but since ive managed this mixed bag within 4 mins run in the tinny from my local 3 ramps it wont worry me too much!!!

so whos out??

Callum

Have you been seeing a lot of tuna out there Motu? havent seen much in the southern bay besides a few leaping bonito and they were flighty.

Considering braving the weather tomorrow for a bay fish, offshore still looks garbage so I might try for a big snap at harries. As for the weekend maybe fish sat arvo/evening in the river.

Heading to Mud early arvo tomorrow - going to be my first time fishing the sunset there and also at this stage my first time fishing the eastern side. Motu - any very rough hints on where you are finding tuna? ie. Bribie, Moreton, north of Mud, south of Mud, etc. I understand if not though - we all need to keep some stuff to ourselves!!

Callum - good to hear you are doing well with the tinny.

Have you been seeing a lot of tuna out there Motu? havent seen much in the southern bay besides a few leaping bonito and they were flighty.

Considering braving the weather tomorrow for a bay fish, offshore still looks garbage so I might try for a big snap at harries. As for the weekend maybe fish sat arvo/evening in the river.

tuna have been in the shallows up against the island just south of tangas gotta hit them on light gear 12.5kg fish on 4.5kg line good fun there are a lot bigger fish there

yellows and macs

that would be.cool andrew, you think ive got the hoodoo off my back now haha

Have a look tomorroa what the weathera doing, otherwise we can plan something else, marks keen to get into some good jewies and im keen for a flathead sesh were thinking could combine the two,,, weather permitting for the spot marks got in mind though, my tub gets up ok with three in it!

Callum

Heading to Mud early arvo tomorrow - going to be my first time fishing the sunset there and also at this stage my first time fishing the eastern side. Motu - any very rough hints on where you are finding tuna? ie. Bribie, Moreton, north of Mud, south of Mud, etc. I understand if not though - we all need to keep some stuff to ourselves!!

Callum - good to hear you are doing well with the tinny.

last 2 weekends they were up against the island just around the corner south of Tangalooma .

fish light - 4.5kg line last fish we cought was 2 @ 12.5kg but there are a lot bigger fish there / nothing new they still pop up anywhere :)

I would be pretty keen for something like that, offshore is looking 50/50 now, are you sure you could fit 3 of us with all of Mark's tackle :P

Have a look tomorroa what the weathera doing, otherwise we can plan something else, marks keen to get into some good jewies and im keen for a flathead sesh were thinking could combine the two,,, weather permitting for the spot marks got in mind though, my tub gets up ok with three in it!

Callum

I would be pretty keen for something like that, offshore is looking 50/50 now, are you sure you could fit 3 of us with all of Mark's tackle :P

Callum

Haha Andrew you are game if you are planning on going out Sunday.

I was going to do Sunday and Monday but really can not be bothered anymore. I'm getting over going out in ordinary weather all the time lol

I'm thinking of just saving the fuel and heading out DI again next weekend or so lol.

Hopefully this low pressure system clears everything up.

Shane,

Offshore is a no go, too dodgie with rain passing through, wind spikes to quickly, today for example 5-10 knot forecast, has had 25knot spikes when rain passes through. Not worth getting smashed, I will whore my self out for anyone who needs a deckie for a bay run.

By the way shane or any one else who is reading my phone shit itself so if I had your number or you had mine could you text me or pm me your number.

Andrew

Callum

Haha Andrew you are game if you are planning on going out Sunday.

I was going to do Sunday and Monday but really can not be bothered anymore. I'm getting over going out in ordinary weather all the time lol

I'm thinking of just saving the fuel and heading out DI again next weekend or so lol.

Hopefully this low pressure system clears everything up.

Archived