logan river 16th august

rayke1938

Took feral and his kids to the logan. I hang my head in shame totally outfished. Andrew got a nice bream about 27cm and Calum his son got stuck into a stringray about 18 inches across. he only was fishing with 9lb line on a very light spin outfit. Took him over 10minuites to land it as he was also fighting a strong tidal run. Got both fish near green beacons near agneston sands. abut 10am them moved upstream to junction of logan and albert and didnt lose a bait so packed it in and came home at midday

ray

Not as embarassing as my thinking I had finally got a bite on my livie, and finding out after 20 seconds of \"fighting\" that all I had hooked was the motor!

Also I think the Bass have spoilt me, the bream was a bit of a dead catch compared to them, even on 6lb line! Barely even took line off the drag.

I might have to get Calum a better rod and reel combo now, he really struggled with that stingray on his current combo.

Welcome to the Logan - that's about a normal day maybe slightly above average. Now you know why I am always going on about restocking.

I have fished both night and day with live bait, lures, plastics and prawns etc for the same results. It's such a shame as the Logan Albert are great rivers but no fish.

Archived