Brisbane River Classic Fishing Competition 2007

MichaelJ

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's your secret? I couldn't stop catching them every time I chucked on a bait. That's why I mainly fished lures to avoid all the catties. Except fishing with lures in the river sux land based until you get up to about Pinkenba. That was the only place I could catch fish not using bait.

Dan23 wrote:

what's your secret? I couldn't stop catching them every time I chucked on a bait. That's why I mainly fished lures to avoid all the catties. Except fishing with lures in the river sux land based until you get up to about Pinkenba. That was the only place I could catch fish not using bait.

why didnt you get out and have a go in your yak?

Plastic Man wrote:

Dan23 wrote:

why didnt you get out and have a go in your yak?

It lives at my parent's place one and a half hours away and no roof racks.

I'd be too lazy to bring it up here even if I could though.

Dan23 wrote:

Yeah, unless I'm mistaken the next heaviest bream, not including Plasticman's, was around half the weight of Stu's. Those two bream must have been hanging around some sort of green ooze mutating runoff to get that big :P

Mate there are some big bream in the river but just not commonly caught my biggest till the comp was 36cm to the fork 4 cm smaller but there in there just helps to fish the place in a boat regulary to know the hot spots or where the better fish are hanging around.

the hook up's best effort for the weekend was a bloody catfish!:( pic below! my pb cattie on my new rod! (i hate catfish! :angry: but was a good fight)

after a pretty good effort all round by our team we only got shovelnose, catfish, bream, moses and plenty of them thats for sure! but nothing worth weighing in :(

wasnt too impressed with the orginisation of the whole event,

no offence to anyone!!!

but i had my paperwork and moneys in weeks before the brc, but there was no paperwork to be found on sign in? not a worry, Admin Note: with the rush of moving all the gear out of our cars on the morning of the first day 6 entry forms were left on my car seat. we did have your forms, but only found them later in the morning when we had a chance to fully set ourselves up.

also no reports??? thaught we would have an official report to read after day 1 to know what the bench mark is for day two? (this is a biggie for me) when i did try weigh in a fish, i still didnt know after asking stupidly 5 times:blink: if i was a contender of not?:angry:

it cost me $35 in fuel to weigh in a stupid catfish that i still dont know what place it came? and to get slightly embaressed in the process:blush:

after paying $50 we expect a bit more then a gift bag and absulute no encentive to go to the weigh ins without a huge fish! and no reports on how the comp is comencing?(this is bf online isnt it?)

almoast all phones have internet on them thes days! it would have been allot cheaper to check online if my fish was a contender or not? then to drive half the river to weigh in fish that should have been releesed anyway!

i could keep going on but i won't i have had my winge now!

i will still compete next year because i think this site and competition needs allot more funding!and can only improve from here on in!

thank you to all the guys who actualy took the time to say hello and greet 3 new afo members!

Ian. [img size=480]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_3077__Custom_.jpg

post-2165-144598435501_thumb.jpg

it was good to meet some of my fellow AFO members on registration morning i met Plasticman and STU, these two blokes are really friendly and from what it looks like good with monster bream. i met chubbstar and showed him my homemade bream poppers so that was good.

thank you to all who helped organise the event, to angus and john thank you very much for all your efforts for organising and congradulations to all the winners and everyone tha enjoyed themselves.

i had a good first brisbane river classic which involved cathing my first sharkie, bream, catfish, eels and paddeling teh boat accros the river when it broke down :( then after the paddels broke my frined tied the achor rope and swam to shore puling us in :P ahaha

it also involved some good night fishing with my team and team crack a jack which was fun and wet :P

so thank you very much for putting on such a good event and ill defiently be there next year with my boat to fish more up towards the mouth for monster bream hehe watch out STU and plasticman :P

cheers guys

Tom aka Fishyman

rumrunner: i do believe that the event organisers would not have had time to put up what was caught each day and who was in the running for what. and reports are up to most people to do themselves, a lot of people did and many others were too tired...

i believe angus and john did a great job and cant wait for next years

cheers, jake

I would like to thank the organisers and a good bunch of fishos for a great comp.

It was good to meet some of the AFO member.

There are some very enthusiastic fishos in the AFO group that realy made it all very enjoyable.

I will be back next year and hopfully with one more years experience under the belt fishing the Brisbane River may be able to target a larger range of fish species.

Thanks to all.

rumrunner wrote:

the hook up's best effort for the weekend was a bloody catfish!:( pic below! my pb cattie on my new rod! (i hate catfish! :angry: but was a good fight)

after a pretty good effort all round by our team we only got shovelnose, catfish, bream, moses and plenty of them thats for sure! but nothing worth weighing in :(

wasnt too impressed with the orginisation of the whole event,

no offence to anyone!!!

but i had my paperwork and moneys in weeks before the brc, but there was no paperwork to be found on sign in? not a worry,

also no reports??? thaught we would have an official report to read after day 1 to know what the bench mark is for day two? (this is a biggie for me)

when i did try weigh in a fish, i still didnt know after asking stupidly 5 times:blink: if i was a contender of not?:angry:

it cost me $35 in fuel to weigh in a stupid catfish that i still dont know what place it came? and to get slightly embaressed in the process:blush:

after paying $50 we expect a bit more then a gift bag and absulute no encentive to go to the weigh ins without a huge fish! and no reports on how the comp is comencing?(this is bf online isnt it?)

almoast all phones have internet on them thes days! it would have been allot cheaper to check online if my fish was a contender or not? then to drive half the river to weigh in fish that should have been releesed anyway!

i could keep going on but i won't i have had my winge now!

i will still compete next year because i think this site and competition needs allot more funding!and can only improve from here on in!

thank you to all the guys who actualy took the time to say hello and greet 3 new afo members!

Ian.

Angus and AFO staff. I would like to say thanks for such a good weekend and VERY well organised.

Rumrunner, the $50 you payed were to cover all expenses in the comp (like insurance ect.) Not free stuff. $50 is a cheap price to pay for a fishing comp, I no if you fished A.B.T you would be paying $110 per person (without free stuff)

reef_raider wrote:

rumrunner: i do believe that the event organisers would not have had time to put up what was caught each day and who was in the running for what. and reports are up to most people to do themselves, a lot of people did and many others were too tired...

cheers, jake

they could have paid someone $50 or less to do 1 officiall posts each day or webbie could have done it himself ! didnt look like he was doing much at all evry time i saw him? couldnt even tell me what fish have been weighed in? maybe a respect thing? or just didnt give a sh##? ( i have no time for rude people)

i also believe they did a good job and if not for them there would be no event !(thank you)

but i also believe that it could have been better if they did make the time to keep us paying competitors up to date with a simple report and a bit of respect?

but that is my oppinion anyway!

Ian

Admin Note: The decision to put up the daily reports is a decision we made for certain reasons. If you competed last year you would know daily reports were done, however due to several factors as well as time constraints we did not release fish weighed in or the daily results this time around. It is not a respect issue, just a decision we made on the running of the comp. Before you go making posts that may offend some people, it may be wise to think about what you are saying. We welcome construction criticism/ suggestions to make the competition better and look forward to a better comp next year.

rumrunner wrote:

reef_raider wrote:

cheers, jake

they could have paid someone $50 or less to do 1 officiall posts each day or webbie could have done it himself ! didnt look like he was doing much at all evry time i saw him? couldnt even tell me what fish have been weighed in? maybe a respect thing? or just didnt give a sh##? ( i have no time for rude people)

i also believe they did a good job and if not for them there would be no event !(thank you)

but i also believe that it could have been better if they did make the time to keep us paying competitors up to date with a simple report and a bit of respect?

but that is my oppinion anyway!

Ian

Seems like your the only one with a problem from the weekend, maybe you should try and show some respect.

I loved it. I met heaps of members and you were all nice guys'n'girls. I found it very easy to make friends with fellow fisho's even though we were all tired and had had enough.

Well what a blast! I caught and released many fish out of the river. I found a few new spots and caught new spieces (Cod,Taylor) and caught my first legal Squire from the Brisbane on Sunday.:woohoo:

I also enjoyed having a chat with Team Ausfish, Very nice people!

The Quality of fish caught over the comp was impresive. The people from all walks of life getting on well and sharing hints and tips was inspireing.

To the members that I didn't chat too, We'll catch up at a later date;)

Thank you Angus and John for all the hard work, I'm looking forward to next years comp.

1 more thing \"You can make some people happy some of the time, But you cant keep them all happy all of the time\"

Untill we meet again, keep safe and Merry Christmas.

Jayson

im am not trying to offend anyone by being honest that is all i am doing, being honest!!! im sure there are more then just me that would like to make recomendations for next time?

i talked to a few other people that have the same veiws as i do! otherwise i would not have said anything at all!

you can take my complaint any way you want but it was meant to be constructive critisisum not a stab at the event orginisers!

there will be no improvements for next time if everyone tipteos round the bitts they did not like about the comp!!!

im sure ther are allot of people out there that are just to gutless to say anything because they will be crusified for saying so just like i am! lol

care factor 0!

atleast im honest!

and i still love you all!!!:P

Ian.

rumrunner wrote:

reef_raider wrote:

Neither do i so could you please stop paying out on the 2 people that withouth them, their would be no classic.

Archived