Wave Break Island Social Report

tugger

The weekend was awesome with sunny days and light winds combining for a great social down on the Gold Coast. There was 8 boats and 16 crew for the weekend, Friday I got to the Island just after lunch and being a deckie for once I could relax more so soon there was a coldie in my hand.

A few of the boats anchored up

post-4390-144598977296_thumb.jpg

post-4390-144598977302_thumb.jpg

post-4390-144598977308_thumb.jpg

The fire was lit just on dark and this drew everyone to its warm glow, plenty of stories were told while we kicked back with more coldies. The wind dropped right out after dark with us having a mirror like back drop on the water. The tummy bug bit so it was time for a quick dinner cooked then back to more drinks until I was as full as a boot.

Saturday morning we got up early the billy was boiled and with breaky out of the way we set off to find a fish. I was in mick's boat and we headed for the 24's offshore finding the fish was easy getting them to bite was the tricky bit and we ended up with a few snapper.

Just after lunch and us back at camp with a bit of food in my guts it was time to get some yabbies for some beach fishing. The fire was started early to get some good hot coals for the cook up with the camp ovens and rotisseries.

4 chooks a pigs head a roast leg of lamb a whole pumkin with garlic stuffing and roast veg in the camp oven was cooked up. Lance made his world famous coleslaw and potatoe salad and we sat down for a awesome dinner then it was time for me to put the camp oven back on the fire with a large pudding to go with the custard while Lance did up a large pavlova topped with strawberries passion fruit and cream.

post-4390-144598977314_thumb.jpg

post-4390-14459897732_thumb.jpg

After dinner and desert the fire was the place to kick back and let it settle so we stoked the fire with the rest of our iron bark timber. The wind dropped right out again and it couldn't get much better with a warm fire to sit around with good people.

post-4390-144598977722_thumb.jpg

post-4390-144598977727_thumb.jpg

Here is a few of the crew around camp

post-4390-144598977695_thumb.jpg

post-4390-144598977717_thumb.jpg

post-4390-144598977701_thumb.jpg

post-4390-144598977706_thumb.jpg

Sunday morning was another great day on the water but all to soon it was time to pull up stumps on another great social. Thanks to everyone who helped with the camp, cooking and organising a big thanks to Mick for allowing me to deckie for him cant wait for the next one

post-4390-144598977711_thumb.jpg

Big thanks for making me welcome. I had a great time. Friday and Saturday night drinks, fire and dinner was awesome. Never eaten the cheek of a pig before or had sashimi just pulled from the water. I didn't mAke it outside over the weekend, but managed 3 nice snapper between 45 and 60cm today on the 24's.

Cheers to everyone who helped me unload and wasted no time to make sure I had a cold beer and good laugh. If I am available for the next one I am in!

Great to meet you Andrew glad you enjoyed the weekend now you know what to expect you'll be hooked on these socials

Big thanks for making me welcome. I had a great time. Friday and Saturday night drinks, fire and dinner was awesome. Never eaten the cheek of a pig before or had sashimi just pulled from the water. I didn't mAke it outside over the weekend, but managed 3 nice snapper between 45 and 60cm today on the 24's.

Cheers to everyone who helped me unload and wasted no time to make sure I had a cold beer and good laugh. If I am available for the next one I am in!

Archived