Heading north for a road trip. Ideas for where to camp?

Aggro101

Hi All

I am taking my son out of school for a week to come on a boating/fishing road trip in the general direction of Mackay/Cairns or wherever we end up. We are planning on camping rough, so I don't intend on booking in anywhere. My son might even take his trail bike if there is somewhere along the way to use it.

I am thinking of spending a day or 2 at 1770, then maybe Seaforth or Airlie Beach. Anyone got any ideas or recomendations, places you have been, seen or heard about?

Hi All

I am taking my son out of school for a week to come on a boating/fishing road trip in the general direction of Mackay/Cairns or wherever we end up. We are planning on camping rough, so I don't intend on booking in anywhere. My son might even take his trail bike if there is somewhere along the way to use it.

I am thinking of spending a day or 2 at 1770, then maybe Seaforth or Airlie Beach. Anyone got any ideas or recomendations, places you have been, seen or heard about?

1770 there is a place called discovery coast park on the wat in to agnus water about 10/15 from the water nice people that own the place hot showers toilets and not over the priced to boot.Half your luck on your trip can I be your son for a week LOL good luck on the trip.

Theres a nice quite spot thats pretty rough as far as camping in that area goes in the Eurimbula park area just north of 1770. Some water edge sites with pit toilets, 4wd access only and some great fishing in the creek. Pretty sure you can cross the entrance there if your looking to go offshore

I did a similar trip a few years back, and if you're heading that far up do yourself a favor and stop at Kurrimine Beach (just north of Mission Beach). I stopped there on the parents advice, as they used to holiday there and I was so glad I did. Great little council run camping ground, right on the waters edge... Fantastic fishing ( we got spanish & spotty galore). Just check the regulations if you do go there, a few island around and green zones etc.

It is Arlie without the people.. AMAZING.

Archived