Advice for CAboolture/Sunny coast please

stoinkerz

Hi,

I have just moved to the Caboolture area from FNQ and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to areas worth trying for bream, flatties, jew, whiting etc. I am land based and will mostly be using plastics, poppers etc and a bit of live baiting. Have tried the foreshore at Bribie island with out much luck so far. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Id consider a move back to FNQ unless ther was a compelling reason not to ;) Ive moved down here five years back and there is certainly a fair bit more persistance required from the bank. Just about to get a boat so options will open up in the next few weeks. More than happy to discover local haunts if interested in the learning process

Caboolture lakes is good, stocked with Bass and some stonker tilapia in there if your just after sport.

Caboolture river takes some learning, pickings are never great. Mainland side of Bribie passage is good for flatties etc. Park next to the day care next to the Bribie bridge and work your way south along the foreshore.

Archived