chipped/chewed skeg and prop

sweresy

Well it had to happen sooner or later but my nice, shiny outboard hit a rock bar today.... thank christ we had throttled down to a crawl but all the same it was a bit of a sick feeling seeing the damage but hey its a fishing boat and we need to get into some snaggy/rocky terrain to chase fish i guess~!

questions...

1/ Will those small bites on the skeg make 'that' much difference (if any) and best way to fix if so? (knead it putty type stuff i was thinking?)

I'm currently searching for the best repair option for the blades...they are chipped but not bent at all so if any one has advice or can suggest the best plan please shoot!

ps i'm on a budget otherwise i'd just get a SS prop so a fix is where i'm at..

cheers Sweresy

post-915-144598444628_thumb.jpg

post-4796-144599002749_thumb.jpg

I wish I could have filmed your face/voice and stuck you on that Allianz ad! just kidding mate!

I have done the same with my Honda 90 and like others have said take a file to it and tune her up. If you are padantic Yammy do sell touch up paint that will make you feel better.

I hit two sand banks on Friday night as they had moved beyond the channel marker and I just clipped them, horrible feeling.

as long as your hull is ok!

Bryan

yeah mate, I know that if you tend to hit a bit SS can be less flexible but apparently the new solas jobs do give and the rubber bushing takes 99% of the impact.

That being said I'm not going to jinx it. ;)

I should have been a tiny bit more cautious in the first place but the tide had bottomed out and exposed a rock bar in half a foot of water. It was dark and we had come across this area before without any issue in the past...We were lucky we weren't going full tilt, THAT wouldn't have been pretty.

anyway thanks for all the advice and pm's everyone, will post a pick of the new wheels (wheel), when i get it on..

Sweresy

Archived