Better than being at work

Bri The Pom

As the wind was predicted to drop to below 5 knots yesterday morning I decided to give the 24s another visit and see whats around.

Arrived at the ramp 4.30 ish to be met with wonderful conditions on the broadwater, only a couple of trailer there so parking was no problem at all.

Logged on with vmr and out through the seaway, out to the bait grounds to gather some livies. A steady supply of yakkas and a slimie went in to the tank, as i left the surface was alive with a feeding frenzy, I thought bonito so i threw a small slug around a few times but with no luck, so I replaced the sinker for a tiny one on my bait jig and cast it in the mix, each cast produced slimies and nice size too, so with both tanks part full I was on my way.

That's where the positives ended, as I tried pillies, livies, floated, suspended and did'nt even loose a bait.

Fed up with this out come the trolling gear and that was the same, 4 rods 2 teasers 15 k's and nothing.

Worse still over the radio they were catching at Flinders and Hutchies, dollies and blacks, mackerel also, so I headed home and went to work. :unsure:

Cheers all, enjoy your weekend.

post-662-144599006242_thumb.jpg

post-662-144599006255_thumb.jpg

post-662-144599006264_thumb.jpg

Archived