Reeltackle Borumba Bash for Mercy Hospital Palliative Care

regulated

Hey Guys,

One of our members has had a loss in the family and we are going to do a fund-raiser for the Mercy Hospital Palliative Care Unit who assisted Lance and his family in a big way in the last few difficult weeks. The unit basically runs on donated funds and what they did for Lance, his dad and also mum was nothing short of remarkable.

It would be fantastic to be able to give a little bit back for the next lot of families and patients that end up in that dreadful place.

We will be holding a wanderers trip at Borumba in the new year for Lance. Dates are to be confirmed but it should be in January. Camping will be at the deer park which is a short drive for the dam. If numbers are high there is another camping area just below the dam wall. The trip will be over a full weekend, some members are arriving friday with the main fishing day being Saturday then a few hours on the water Sunday and prizes, raffles presented around midday.

A competition for largest saratoga in on the cards.

$10 entry fee

1st place 30%

2nd place 15%

3rd place 5%

50% will be donated to the Mercy Hospital Palliative Care Unit

There should also be an extra raffle and extra prizes that will be donated once some suppliers jump on board.

Borumba is a great place for a fish with regular catches of saratoga bass and yellowbelly.

Cheers guys hope a few of you can make it. It is all for a good cause, you'll meet some great people so we hope we will see you there.

Cheers,

BJ

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you BJ for offering to run a social to raise some funds for a charity of my choice in support of my dad.

As some of you already know, my dad passed away 2 days ago after a long battle with cancer spanning 20 years.

His last few was very hard for both him and everyone in our family due to the horrific suffering he endured.

The staff at the Palliative care unit in the Mercy Hospital did an incredible job for everyone concerned so I have picked them as the beneficiary of anything that is raised from the Borumba weekend.

I am looking at doing a giant raffle as well to help raise some much needed funds for them and it can be drawn at the Borumba social.

Once we get everything sorted if you can help us support the hospital please do.

Also a massive thanks to everyone who has offered me help both personally and with the running of ReelTackle during this time.

Your support has been incredible.

Lance

Cheers to anyone who is considering coming along. It will be a great weekend with lots of options. Theres even land based spots in the creeks around the area.

We have created a Facebook event for the fundraiser as well. We are trying to cover most of the forums out there but if you have any friends who don't frequent the forums could you please point them towards the event. https://www.facebook.com/events/182820965256314/

Any support is greatly appreciated guys. I really want to make this a great fundraiser as it is for such a great cause. I will be blanketing any fisho type business I drive past once the flyer is done up. There will be some great prizes on offer and Borumba is an awesome fishery for the iconic Saratoga.

If you haven't targetted this species before one tip I can give you, if nothing else is working try a tazzie devil on a handline, you'd be surprised how well it works ;) ;)

I might not be able to make it to this social, but is there somewhere I can donate my $10 entry for this cause?

Thanks mate.

I will set up a PayPal account or maybe use the donation module on my ReelTackle website.

I need to get through the funeral tomorrow and then have a few days rest before I do to much yet.

Once we sort out a few details over the next week or so we will update everyone.

Hey guys

Just putting it out there I will be there with my family along with the happy hooker ( Chris and his family) and possibly Surfingant ( if he ever stops sooking about us staying at the deer park :P ) from the 3-5th of Jan.

I called the deer park yesterday and the lady said to me that that weekend is actually their quieter weekend and that I could just turn up and pick a spot! I have reserved three powered sites so if that works then feel free to pull in. It's only a short hop to the dam and the kiddies get to play with bambie!!!

If that's too soon for everyone hell ill happily get back up the as an excuse to fish the dam!!

My condolences for your loss, remember the fallen, we will raise our glasses and give those wonderful people at the hospital some much needed support.

Cheers

Bryan

• 4 weeks later...

Things are taking off everyone. The date is set for 22nd of February so mark it off in your calenders. Lance has been receiving a lot of support from some great businesses, in an hour he's already got a few sponsors support. keep an eye on the facebook page as its hard to keep up with the supporters and attendees. I will throw up a list of prizes soon but the list will keep growing.

Cheers for the support everyone, its a great cause in a great location. We have some big plans for meals, demo's, etc. Its going to be a cracker.

Anyone who is considering camping or accommodation at the fundraiser check out the information below on the Borumba Deer Park. The presentations will take place at the park.

If you are wishing to to stay the night you will have to individually book a spot, please ring (07) 5484 5196 and advise you are are attending the Mercy Hospital Fundraiser.

Borumba Deer Park is an excellent position close to the dam, ability to cater for up to 1500 people and have the following facilities:

Cabins - Fully self contained with the Deluxe sleeping 6 and Budget sleeping 4

On Site Vans - Located in attractive surroundings close to all amenities

Powered Sites - In the main Park area with Concrete slabs, TV and Water or if you prefer

in Sherwood Forrest where you are free to set up as you like with friends or groups

Camping Sites - These are large with plenty of room for families friends and groups to be

together.

Kiosk - With groceries, food, drink, ice, bait, gas refills and all the necessities.

Laundromat - Two washers and a large drier for when you need them.

Two Amenity blocks - both cater for disabled and families.

Camp kitchens - Free gas barbeques and large undercover areas with tables and seating.

Childrens' Playground - Swings, climbers, roundabouts and slippery slides.

Camp Fires - Fireplaces at most sites and portable fireplaces available of request.

Firewood at reasonable prices or bring your own.

Farm tours- By arrangement where you can feed

Boat hire - For when you want to go fishing

Kayak Hire - For when you want to have fun

Prices are as follows:

CABINS

Deluxe

- $90 for first 2 persons per night.

- Extra adult $13 per night

- Extra Child $7 per night

- Student $10 per night

Budget

- $70 for first 2 persons per night

- Student $10 per night

ON SITE VANS

- $50 for first 2 persons per night

- Student $10 per night

Note

All Cabins and On Site Vans have a 2 day minimum booking on week ends

POWERED SITES

- $32 for first 2 persons per night

- $17 for single adult

- $13 per additional adult per night

- Student $10 per night

- $7 per child per night

CAMPING

- $13 per adult per night

- $7 per child per night

- Student $10 per night

Children 2 - 15 yrs Students 16 -17 Adults 18 & over

For people that do not have a boat and do not wish to fish land-based around the creeks or dam the deer park do have a kayaks and boats for hire.

Two double kayaks available - $15 per hour,

Two single kayaks available - $10 per hour,

Three boats available - $75 half day, $110 full day.

We have been given access to the camp kitchen for dinner on Saturday night. camp fires are allowed in the provided fireplaces or in the drums similar to Somerset. We will do putting on a Wanderers feast, spit roasts with chicken, pork, lamb, BBQ with steak and sausages, salads, everything to make the mouth water. Currently it will be $10 per meal to assist in the fundraising for the hospital. We will also have the BBQ during the event selling sausages etc.

Saturday night we have also been given access to the big screen for video's and DVD's. I am currently working on some local and national fishing shows to provide us with footage. Businesses that are supporting the event will also have tables at event to provide information on the latest and greatest in boating, camping and fishing equipment on the market.

It really is shaping up to be a great event guys. Hope you can all make it.

Angus and mods, I tried to PM asking if this post is allowed but pm's are not working for me. If not please feel free to edit it, it contains a lot of outside links.

We have had a lot of extremely generous donations for the fundraiser guys. Check out what has come in so far.

Brad Chard of Reef Master Lures has kindly donated some incredible hand crafted lures for our prize pool.

Anyone chasing lures for surface fishing large GT's ect should have a look at these as they are just superb.

Hopefully we will see Brad with a selection of his lures at the charity weekend.

1474564_677641955591848_1380849318_n.jpg

Trevor Jackson Pest Control is very proud to be a sponsor of the ReelTackle Borumba Bash and has donated a full house Pest Control for anyone in the Brisbane area valued at $320.

Your house will be treated for Cockroaches, Silverfish, Ants, Spiders and Coastal Brown Ants and comes with a 12 month warranty.

To make this offer even better, Trevor will do anyone's property in the Brisbane area for ONLY $180 (RRP $320) if you mention the ReelTackle Borumba Bash when making your booking.

This is an incredible offer so please get behind Trevor Jackson Pest Control and help support a local business who is prepared to help out our charity event.

You can call Trevor Jackson Pest Control on 0418158804.

Lic No. 0202

DON'T FORGET TO MENTION REELTACKLE BORUMBA BASH WHEN MAKING YOUR ENQUIRIES !!!

ReelTackle would like to welcome Seafarer Marine on board as a sponsor for the Borumba Bash with the donation of 2 Ultra Sportfish PFD's, RRP $109 each.

Seafarer Marine are a local Sydney Importer and wholesaler who have an incredible range of products including Ultra PFD's, Railblaza, Williams Ski Equipment, Seafarer Marine Canoes and Kayaks plus a huge range of Boating and Fishing Accessories.

Check them out at www.seafarermarine.com.au

If you local store does not stock their gear, ask them to get in what you need from Seafarer Marine.

J121-71_16.jpg

Moreton Bay Hire Boats are proud to be sponsors of the SEQ Fishing and ReelTackle Albury Mercy Hospital Borumba Bash with a fantastic hire boat package.

Located at Manly Harbour on the beautiful Moreton Bay they offer a range of hire boat packages to suit everyone's needs including recreational hire boats,commercial hire boats and kayak hire.

You can also hire their fishing gear,crabbing gear and camping gear for that perfect camping holiday on the many Moreton Bay Islands and camping spots.

Check out their website at http://www.moretonbayhireboats.com.au/ for further details.

Help Support our generous sponsors.

tabimg.jpg

Bell Chen and Steve Lagos from Bell Marine are very proud to be major sponsors in the SEQ Fishing and ReelTackle Albury Mercy Hospital Borumba Bash.

All I can say is that I am gobsmacked at the support they have thrown behind us and the prizes coming our way is just incredible.

Again I will expand on this once we finalize everything but keep an eye on this space as it is just amazing.

ReelTackle is very proud to be a distributor of all Bell Marine products due to the amazing quality of their goods and the incredible backup service that they offer every day.

By far our biggest selling items at ReelTackle across our entire range of over 10,000 boating products is the Viper Pro Series 800 and 1500 electric boat winches from Bell Marine.

These are the mother of all electric anchor winches and have to be seen to be believed.

For all of you small boat fishermen out there,Bell Marine are about to release a mini version of these winches with the same powerful motor as the Viper 800.

We will release more information about this new winch once it becomes available very shortly.

You can check out their fantastic range at www.bellmarine.com.au

30003W.jpg

80002W.jpg

Robert Searing from Searing Tackle has kindly donated a $200 lure package to the ReelTackle Borumba Bash.

Searing Tackle sell a range of top quality soft plastics including Damiki and Fish Arrow.

He also sells the famous Pontoon 21 range of products.

Many of you will know of or will have already used these fantastic lures.

Thank you very much Rob and Searing Tackle.

Hope to see you at the charity weekend mate.
/>https://www.facebook.com/Searingtackle

404778_369868076364518_1110955183_n.jpg

Peter Pakula from Pakula Lures and Tackle has kindly come aboard with an awesome sponsorship package.More to come once the details are finalised.

Pakula Lures are famous right around the entire globe and Peter is by far one of the worlds best ever big game fishermen.

Many world records have fallen to Peters lures and thousands of fishing competitions have been won around the world with Pakula Lures.

Saratoga love a fly Pete so hopefully we will see you and Jo up there for the weekend.

pete_02.jpg

Rod Maunder BaitMate Baitboards has kindly donated a brand new 2014 model bait board, the removable 640mm Tackle Mate.

Baitmate Baitboards are custom manufactured in the Brisbane region and shipped Australia wide.

These are by far the best baitboards on the market, built from aluminium and powder coated to last many years on your boat.

All baitboards can be designed as a permanent mount or removable.

ReelTackle Australia is also the sole distributor for Baitmate Baitboards so if anyone is looking for a custom made bait board and/or bait tank please check out our website or contact us for further details.

Thank you Rod from Baitmate Baitboards.
/>http://www.reeltackle.com.au/index.php?option=com_ixxocart&Itemid=115&p=catalog&parent=49&pg=1

1380627_1431323457090532_421586795_n.jpg

We welcome Macs Spinnerbaits from Albury/Wodonga as an official sponsor for the ReelTackle Mercy Hospital Borumba Bash.

Thank you very much Duncan, your support is very appreciated.
/>https://www.facebook.com/Macsspinnerbaits

252664_393538037355227_980003432_n.jpg

Welcome aboard Katie Wilson from Addiction Adventure Wear with your support for the ReelTackle Borumba Bash. The team at Addiction Adventure Wear would be happy to donate a Murray Cod shirt for you to use in the raffle!
/>https://www.facebook.com/addictionadventurewear

Cod-Front-copy-300-150x150.jpg

Thank you very much Rob Gaden from Rupes Lures for your fantastic donation and support for the ReelTackle Mercy Hospital Borumba Bash.

Anyone looking for a terrific lure for Bass,Yellas Cod ect have a look at the Ironhides that Rob makes.I have been using these for a while now and they are an incredible lure.His blades also work fantastic and we actually caught some nice Yellowbelly on them in the Hume Weir several weeks ago.

1185171_544713855577663_784046230_n.jpg

As you can see guys there is already a massive amount of support from excellent companies out there. Make sure you check them out next time you require anything fishing related.

Mate Lance has been working his behind off to get this happening. I'm trying to catch up to the amount of effort he has been putting in. Pretty darn hard.

There will be an online raffle for anyone who can not make it and as you can see there are some seriously impressive prizes on offer. It is amazing how generous companies are during this trying period. Thanks should be going to them, were just helping it along.

Guys this isn't just for the boaties and yakkers either. There is ample landbased spots in the surrounding creeks. We will be working out boundaries for the event on the weekend to allow every person no matter what equipment and experience to catch great fish, win some excellent prizes and support a great cause.

Cheers.

We welcome Austackle as our latest sponsor to jump aboard and help support our charity social weekend with a couple of awesome fishing rods.

Austackle sell a terrific range of rods,reels,lures,braid lines and mono leader materials as well as a host of other products.

Austackle are huge supporters around the country of fishing comps and many of the forums that we all frequent

Thank you Ben and Mike from Austackle for your sponsorship of the ReelTackle Borumba Bash.

www.austackle.com.au

post-7680-144599022198_thumb.png

Welcome aboard OMG Lures who have kindly donated a terrific pack of Blades and Minnow Lures.

OMG Lures sell a huge range of lures including soft plastics and Jig Heads as well as a range of fishing rods.

Check them out now and give them as much support as we can, they are a terrific sponsor of the ReelTackle Borumba Bash.

Thanks Nick and OMGLures

post-7680-144599022203_thumb.jpg

We welcome Ted Stevens from Serlution Solutions for an incredible cash donation and sponsorship to the ReelTackle Borumba Bash.

Serlution Solutions are Brisbanes IT experts and come highly recommended from many businesses across Australia who use their services.

Their team of IT professional can assist your SME business in all aspects of computer support including:

• programmed and ad hock maintenance of hardware and software systems

• IT infrastructure status check

• forward planning for future upgrades and hardware failure

• fast response emergency call-outs

• Call logging

Please contact us on +617-3856-6566 or email us here.

Web Services

Our team will provide your business with various web services:

• Web site design

• Database development & scripting

• E-commerce sites

• Web & email hosting

• Secure web based external access for clients

• Domain names

Thank you Ted Stevens and Serlution Solutions.

post-7680-144599022205_thumb.jpg

Another AFO member has kindly donated to the ReelTackle Borumba Bash.

post-7680-144599022255_thumb.jpg

Thank you Nicholas Peebles and Online Pest Control for your awesome donation of 2 Pest Control vouchers for the ReelTackle Borumba Charity Bash.

Online Pest Control are proud to support the ReelTackle Borumba Charity Bash.

They have very generously donated 2 Pest Control vouchers to the value of $180 each.

This covers a general pest control Barrier Spray for both your Interior and Exterior.

They have also offered a 20% discount to everyone who books their pest control needs through them and mentions the ReelTackle Borumba Bash.

This offer is valid for everyone in the Greater Brisbane area.

Lets get behind Nicholas Peebles and Online Pest Control and support a great local business who has very generously supported our Charity fishing competition.

Thanks Nick and Online Pest Control.

We have a couple of more awesome sponsors jump on board today.

Today we have another amazing sponsor jump on board for the ReelTackle Borumba Bash.

A massive thank you to Loris Shahoomian from Ultimate Rods for your donation of 4 fishing rods and a range of large Mackeral and Wahoo lures.

Ultimate Rods are the Australian importers for the famous St Croix Rod Blanks and they custom build the full range of St Croix Blanks.

They also import lures,rod components and a host of other top products.

ReelTackle is very proud to be associated with Ultimate Rods and their range of St Croix Handcrafted Rods.

Anyone considering a high quality custom built rod please check out the range of Ultimate Rods on our ReelTackle website.

Thank you Loris and Ultimate Rods for your very generous and incredible support.
/>http://www.ultimaterods.com.au/

post-7680-144599023285_thumb.png

The ReelTackle Borumba Bash would like to welcome aboard Iseek Communications for their generous donation of a server and special software for the running of our charity social.

This will be our online presence once setup for all attendees to purchase their entry and meal tickets and it will contain all the relevant information for this awesome weekend.

Anyone looking for any IT solutions or Colocation for your server please have a look at the Iseek website and give them a call.
/>http://www.iseek.com.au/

post-7680-144599023295_thumb.gif

We have an incredible line up of very generous sponsors coming on board now for the ReelTackle Borumba Bash.

We also have entrants flying in from various parts of the country for the weekend so it is looking to be an incredible social fishing comp and weekend.

I have a few more sponsors coming as well but I am just waiting to hear back from them before we announce them.

Lets hope we can get many AFO'ers up there for the weekend.

Thanks everyone and a massive thank you to all of our sponsors and supporters.

We have some amazing sponsors on board now and more to come for the Reeltackle Borumba Bash Charity Event.

Mark it on your calender guys, this is going to be an insane weekend.

A massive thank you to all of our sponsors, supporters and the guys working extremely hard behind the scenes getting this off the ground and all organised.

Thank you Ninja Lures for your donation and incredible support for the ReelTackle Borumba Bash charity fishing social.

Ninja Lures make a range of Spinnerbaits,Jitterbugs and Hard Body lures so anyone looking for lures to fish Borumba Dam these are just perfect for up there.

Below is the contact details for Ninja Lures for anyone wanting some great lures for fishing Borumba or any other freshwater streams, rivers and lakes.

Thank you Ninja lures and we hope to see you up there on the weekend.

Kooringa 18272 Warrego Highway Dalby. 4405 QLD

Email: ninjalures@hotmail.com

Olivia Mckenna 0457936655 and Jess Green 0408136356

/>https://www.facebook.com/ninjalures

post-7680-144599024108_thumb.jpg

Thank you George and Adele from Reelax Australia for your incredible support for the ReelTackle Borumba Bash.

Reelax are the one of the worlds oldest and most renowned manufacturers of quality marine and game fishing equipment and accessories.

Reelax is a family owned business who have been making quality products for over 50 years and their goods are seen in every port around the world on recreational boats,charter boats and commercial fishing boats.

‘Over the years, Reelax gear has tussled with just about every species of fish that ever swam in the sea. Reelax outriggers, fighting chairs and rod holders have been tried and tested in the toughest waters, with the world biggest fish, by many of the finest anglers – right around Australia and throughout the Pacific. But it is not something we take for granted. The expertise we’ve developed is being constantly refined and upgraded as technology and fishing techniques change. “ For example tag line lure trolling is now common place on all boats, we jumped on this first here in Oz. “ Shot gun riggers are now common place and T Top riggers are also growing in popularity thanks to the influx of U.S imports. “You only have to look at the meticulous craftsmanship in our range of mirror teak fighting chairs and table tops to truly appreciate the skill and workmanship of the Reelax Team.

ReelTackle Australia is also very proud to be a re-seller of the entire range of Reelax game fishing equipment and accessories.

Thank you George, Adele and the entire Reelax team.

post-7680-14459902412_thumb.jpg

We welcome Samantha Foxcroft from Foxy's Natural Health Solutions as our latest sponsor for the ReelTackle Borumba Bash.

Samantha has kindly donated 2 x 1 hour massage vouchers to our charity social.

Located in Bethania, Brisbane Samantha has been a Remedial Massage Therapist since 2004. Remedial Massage can help everyone from inactive office workers though to active children and elite athletes. If you have any questions please feel free to call her on 0401 340 530.

Health fund rebates are available as Samantha is registered with the major private health funds.

post-7680-144599024122_thumb.jpg

This is a huge list of sponsors and awesome gear it would be close to any of those long time running fishing club comps with the amount ofgear up for grabs can"t wait to wet a line up there that area and dam looks great i havent been there before so it will be good to explore

quote="aussie123" post=489928]We have some amazing sponsors on board now and more to come for the Reeltackle Borumba Bash Charity Event.

Mark it on your calender guys, this is going to be an insane weekend.

A massive thank you to all of our sponsors, supporters and the guys working extremely hard behind the scenes getting this off the ground and all organised.

hay lance see you there me rach jeff and a couple of other mates buddy you have done a great job we have to go after all the trouble that you have gone to and thanks to all the sponsors love your work guys

Awesome.

It will be great to catch up with you all again.

This event is growing into a monster now, it is just amazing at the support I am receiving from the general public and the incredible sponsors.

I am negotiating with a magazine atm about an editorial in Feb to give the event a plug and a full coverage article after the event in their April edition.

This will be fantastic for our sponsors, especially the little guys who have trouble getting their names and goods out there to the masses.

Today we have another terrific sponsor on board.

A massive thank you to the Z Owners Motorcycle Club of Queensland.

Z Owners have kindly lent us their events trailer for the weekend which includes a loud speaker system for us to setup at the presentation area.

This has helped us out so much so a big thank you from everyone involved with the ReelTackle Borumba Bash.

We hope to see many of you up there on the weekend.
/>http://www.zownersqueensland.com/

post-7680-144599024382_thumb.jpg

Well I must say that the generosity of the business people right across Australia for our charity event has been just amazing.

Just now Patton's Bug Gun butchers at Underwood have contacted me offering to support our charity event with the donation of 50 kg of fresh sausages and the use of their incredible BBQ trailer.

This trailer contains a cool room so we can now store our food onsite and it also has a huge built in bbq.

Not only that but they have offered to supply all of our other meats at cost price and they have also approached their chicken supplier to come on board as a sponsor.

I shop at Patton's Big Gun every week and they have incredible products there at the best prices around.

Please anyone around Brisbane go and check them out for your fresh meat and vegies as they truly deserve our support.

Thank you Patton's Big Gun, Brad the owner, Jullian who was instrumental in organising this and the entire Patton's Big Gun staff.

www.biggun.com.au/

post-7680-144599024568_thumb.jpg

post-7680-144599024581_thumb.jpg

That trailer looks awesome this weekend is going to be big and will be looking great with all the stages and gear being kindly donated count me in for volunteering on cooking and cleaning duties its the least I can do for a good cause

Well I must say that the generosity of the business people right across Australia for our charity event has been just amazing.

Just now Patton's Bug Gun butchers at Underwood have contacted me offering to support our charity event with the donation of 50 kg of fresh sausages and the use of their incredible BBQ trailer.

This trailer contains a cool room so we can now store our food onsite and it also has a huge built in bbq.

Not only that but they have offered to supply all of our other meats at cost price and they have also approached their chicken supplier to come on board as a sponsor.

I shop at Patton's Big Gun every week and they have incredible products there at the best prices around.

Please anyone around Brisbane go and check them out for your fresh meat and vegies as they truly deserve our support.

Thank you Patton's Big Gun, Brad the owner, Jullian who was instrumental in organising this and the entire Patton's Big Gun staff.

www.biggun.com.au/

[attachment=69945]trailer.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=69946]pattons.jpg[/attachment]

Archived