Tallebudgera Creek and kayaks

Inspiredbyfishing

Hello fellow Fishos

Going to tallebudgera camp ground along the river at Easter and will have a kayak by then so I am curious to know what the kayak fishing opportunities are like near the camp ground by kayak.

Also I have been rock fishing at the end of the rockwall wall at the mouth/bar for about an hour and a half and I caught a legal tarwhine, legal bream and dart on raw chicken but then it started to rain.

Chicken is a great bait, I use it for almost everything alongside lures. I have caught bream, whiting, flathead, moses perch, tarwhine and so many dart its triple figures.

Hello fellow Fishos

Going to tallebudgera camp ground along the river at Easter and will have a kayak by then so I am curious to know what the kayak fishing opportunities are like near the camp ground by kayak.

Also I have been rock fishing at the end of the rockwall wall at the mouth/bar for about an hour and a half and I caught a legal tarwhine, legal bream and dart on raw chicken but then it started to rain.

Chicken is a great bait, I use it for almost everything alongside lures. I have caught bream, whiting, flathead, moses perch, tarwhine and so many dart its triple figures.

i use ox heart

hey matey, i work in burleigh and the office overlooks the creek, i don't fish it very much but can offer a few pointers, i would stay away from the mouth and main basin where all the skiers are, that place gets flogged by fishos every weekend, i would be going up stream into the canals and do a bit of pontoon bashing or maybe head up the creek and fish the flats for bream flathead and whiting.

Hope this info helps

Glenn.

Archived