NPD 18 2 14

Binder

Well went out to NPD without high expectations this morning, its been tough fishing last couple of weeks.

Was a nice overcast day, clouds down around the hills to start.

post-11051-144599031592_thumb.jpg

Was pleasantly surprised to get a reasonable amount of shrimp in my shrimp pots, and no baby tilapia. Shrimp have been almost as rare as bass last couple of weeks.

Pulled up at the first spot, almost instantly on, nice 40cm, looking good I thought...... an hour later still nothing, had moved around the general vicinity half a dozen times, then got a dreaded forkie, so decided to move.

Setup at a new spot, put the kettle on, and put out the lines. Got a steady slow series of bass over the next couple of hours between showers. Nice day to just be outside I thought. the odd fish made it very pleasant.

post-11051-1445990316_thumb.jpg

Until the dreaded school of forkies showed up again, triple hook up on the mongrels this time.

As I had been getting a few bass there, with no sign of them elsewhere, I decided to just pull in my lines and wait for a bit, hoping the forkies would wander off. After 10 minutes I dropped my lines back in and forkies were gone!

Picked up another couple of bass to round out an even 10 bass and 5 forkies for the day and headed home.

Biggest bass.

post-11051-144599031606_thumb.jpg

Nice day out (better than work!!) and clever idea near the end pulling lines in to get rid of the forkies.

Hey Brian - nice photoshopped first photo in the 'fishing seminar' thread that is now conveniently locked so I can' poke fun at you. What was 'really' in your gob ..................... :whistle:

Irony: Forkies in the dam are not funny but they make me laugh (when you're catching them) :P:lol:

gee thanks mate.

Going to have to start calling them politicians,

Bottom feeders, show up when you least want them, usually in groups, pull hard, all slimy, when caught out they grunt and flap about a lot. They shaft you at the first opportunity and it hurts a lot!

Archived