Wanted: Small Smoker

Angus

To explain the name I do not mean a dwarf with a pipe...

I am chasing a fish smoker that would fit in a back pack... I have seen these in my life but cannot locate anything similar at present.

BCF have something similar but it is:

a: a bit bulky

b: really over priced (I think)...

I have some serious straddy time coming up and have been toying with the idea of hot smoking fresh dart straight out of the surf. Would add a special something to full days on the beach. Fishing, relaxing, some smoked fish and a beer. Does it get better?

The catch of course is for those sort of days we pack light and some hoof work is required.

I am happy to give making something a go if anyone can suggest suitable components... I saw Jamie Oliver do this with a tin bucket and a wet cloth but it was limited to a fillet and I think (from memory) required an open fire to put the bucket on. I need this to be a slef contained operation.

Cheers!

Angus

Anaconda have smokers but they may be too big. Dad's smoker that he has had for years is a roasting tray with lid so you could possibly go down that line if you could find the right size. At the end of the day it just needs to be a tin container with a lid and a rack or two. Good luck - sounds like a top way to complement a days fishing.

Archived