A day on southern Moreton Bay...questions

rathabfishin2

Well I have an unorthodox request for the forum. Tomorrow I am going to go against a rule my grandfather gave me and I have sworn by. "Never S%$T were you eat". To cut a long story short I have a new colleague of 6 weeks, get along super well, both single..... join the dots. I made the offer to take her out for a trip on the bay tomorrow if she had nothing better to do and she is keen. So....although this is not a full blown fishing trip I would like to get her onto a fish or two even if they are not keepers. I plan to launch from Victoria Point late morning, head to Peel for a tour and swim, then onto the Little Ship Club for lunch, and have fish in the afternoon.

Any suggestions that would tie in with my itinerary would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers Andrew

Watch your gear at the little ship club.

Check around the north eastern side of peel you may see some surface action, if you want to impress and its glassed out then cruise over the shallow sand banks north and east of peel and theres massive starfish every where.

get some fresh prawns and sink em with light weight on any of the shallow reefy areas you should pull a few fish out.

If you are not worried necessarily about catching keepers you could do worse than anchor up not far (10-15m) from the wreck on the SE side of Peel. Plenty of smallish bream & moses perch around - just chuck a bit of berley/bread in and fish small hooks, you know the deal. Good luck, hope you land a 'keeper' mate.

Watch your gear at the little ship club.

Check around the north eastern side of peel you may see some surface action, if you want to impress and its glassed out then cruise over the shallow sand banks north and east of peel and theres massive starfish every where.

get some fresh prawns and sink em with light weight on any of the shallow reefy areas you should pull a few fish out.

Thanks mate. I take it you have heard about gear being pinched from there? In regards to the starfish are you talking about the banks east of the Douglas beacon cardinal mark?

If you are not worried necessarily about catching keepers you could do worse than anchor up not far (10-15m) from the wreck on the SE side of Peel. Plenty of smallish bream & moses perch around - just chuck a bit of berley/bread in and fish small hooks, you know the deal. Good luck, hope you land a 'keeper' mate.

Thanks mate. Going for lunch first before any fishing unless I see some surface action of course and will have the slugs ready to fire. That way I am not all stinky or should I say more stinky than usual at lunch! Depending on time I might hit Harries if not will try the wreck then south west rocks on the sunset. Depending on how I feel I might double up and hit the jewfish on the high that night in BR

Good luck if you chase the jewies. Am following Ross out to the measure mile beacons early tomorrow - will be my first time there so should be good. About to go rip the heavy gear out of the car (was originally going to the Goldy), finish packing and get some shuteye. Have fun.

Archived