Lowrance Elite 4x

JarrydA

FOR SALE:

Lowrance Elite 4x Sounder.

Bought about 6 months ago. Only used a few times all in freshwater.

Great little sounder for a kayak or boat, or even as a bowmount secondary sounder. It also includes a bow mount trolling motor bracket.

Only selling to upgrade to a model with GPS.

$130

Pickup Windsor.

• 7 months later...

G'day Jarryd, assuming you have sold this by now but thought I'd check anyway? I bought a second hand Prowler and need to chuck a sounder on it - was going to go with the Elite 3x (don't want to spend too much as not totally sure how much I'll actually use it yet).

Was just doing some quick research and noticed your post when doing a search on AFO. Getting a bit confused with all of the different sounders available in the 'Elite' stable - which one exactly is the one you have/had?

Cheers.

Hey Kelvin,

I sold this a long time ago, It was the Elite 4x (Sonar only, No GPS, No downscan)

A quick overview of the Elite range.

Elite 3x- 3" colour screen. Traditional Sonar only. Just a basic colour sounder, great for the price

Elite 4x- Colour screen. Traditional sonar with some extra features like trackback (you can go back and look at what you have gone over already)

Elite 4- As above with the addition of GPS chartplotter

Elite 4x HDI- HDI is the standard elite 4 with the addition of Downscan. Give's high def images of structure, its great for telling the difference between bait and structure, especially if its holding tight to the bottom, also give much better target separation of schools.

So basically. If it has an X in the name, It doesnt have a GPS. If it has HDI its got Downscan.

Hope that helps.

Cheers Jarryd. Think I'll just go the Elite 3x. BCF have them on special for $129 which seems a good price. From what I could tell they no longer make just a 'normal Elite 4x anymore? ie. they are now either HDI or DSI?

Yeah they dont sell the standard elite 4x anymore. Some places may still have some but the HDI is a better unit anyway.

Archived