weight distribution

tin

Hello everyone, New to this site & relatively new to boating ,have had small tinny before,but just got a new 4.3m side console with a 50 suzi 4 stroke....luv her!!!!!.Only problem is that before i get on the plane,i have to stand to see over the ow so i can see where i going.I have got a bow mount elec. motor & battery(deep cycle)up front already.The boat starts to plane at about 4000 rpm.Also check the position of the anticav. plate(about 1/2 inch under keel).IT is power trim so i have figured how to tune that.If i shift the main battery up front,i sure this will help matters somewhat,but can the battery handle the punishment up the front? Or has anyone else got any other ideas? Any help would be fantastic!! Thanks

G'day Getrigged,thanks for reply,maybe i could raise it one hole as there are 2 below the existing bolted mount,but would this have the same effect as trimming the motor out,i do trim in when making way then trim out once on the plane.Maxium motor rpm is around 6200 rpm and boat going approx 32 Knots by the GPS

Hello Crazywalrus,Thanks for the reply, U reckon good quality batterys would fail.I have seen this set up before but dont know how it went.I do need to shift some weight as when not on the plane the boat leans over to the rhs (due to my weight) but that is only 85 kgs.i though moving the batterys(one for the engine & other for the trolling motor) forward to the left might bring the nose down & counter act me,dunno

Before you play with anything you need to get the motor height set correctly.

You need the cavitation plate just skimming the water surface or just out of the water when travelling on the plane.

Once the motor is at the correct height you then need to get your prop size right so your RPM is correct.

A 50hp 4 stroke is heavy and will always be an issue on a 4.3m boat so you may need a set of fins on the motor or a 4 blade prop will help as well.

post-14625-144599061638_thumb.jpg

post-14625-144599061646_thumb.jpg

G'day all, I live in gladstone and bought the boat down the GC....very long drive, but will contact the dealer and see what he reckons also,have got some photos of it attached.As u can see,the cav plate sits about 1/2 to 3/4 below the keel,on the plane the upper cav plate sits level with water level.As far as motor weight issues,this boat was offered with a suzi 40 f/s,they are the same engine so same weight,but she goes good!!!

Archived