MO Tackle - Coffs Harbour Visit

Feral

Well whilst picking up my new project, Ray and I dropped into MO's Tackle at Coffs Harbour for a looksee.

First up parking was woeful, they are on a main road, with about 3 slots in front, and the rest of the area signed as no parking.

As I had already picked up the \"project\", the Camry, boat and trailer posed a bit of a problem. So after giving it due thought, I drove into their neighbours driveway, across the garden in between the shops, and parked across MO Tackles forecourt - problem solved! (Dunno if they appreciated it though....):blink:

Inside what can I say, they used to claim they were the biggest tackle shop in the southern hemisphere, I'd be suprised if they aren't still. I tell you - I spent15 minutes trying to find the soft plastic Isle, The shop would have been the size of your average Woolworths, and they had a camping store the same size next door. (For you canoe and kayak blokes, they had a $2500 unit that would have been 24 foot long and 6 foot wide, actually they had 3 of them in different configurations).

There prices were ok, some things are cheaper locally - but not much. But their range was huge, there were 2 x 20m long isles just of soft plastics! there were 6 x 20m isles of hard bodies, 1 x 20m isle of line, with another 20m isle of bulk line (huge spools). Isles of rods, Isles of reels, Isles of accessories, just flaming huge!

Every time I wanted to find Ray to ask his advice on sometihng, I had to spend 10 minutes looking for him!

I bought a few few packets of Barra sized SP's for the Awoonga trip - about 25 bucks worth. Ray bought a couple of Barra lures, also for the Awoonga trip.

Whilst their stock was marginally cheaper than local, I only bought stuff not stocked locally, because for the price difference (might have cost me $30 here) I am happy to support my local business.

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/08/22 05:09

• 1 year later...

yeh fishing tackle australia as it is known (mo tackle is only for the Mail Order side of things)

they are pretty big and the rumor around town is that reg is going to be moveing into a bigger area (he owns all that land they are on plus what some of the other shops are on) and going bigger with more of a feel like a american shop i guess

some of the shop floor prices are not as good as the catalog prices so it pays to take that in with you

thing i like is they have all diffrent lures and a coulor range in them as well as any type of hook ya could want

i love waisting some time in there but feel guilty as i can hardy afford to buy much off them

Archived