Peregian beach report (3rd to 13th)

Inspiredbyfishing

Peregian beach for the third year in a row and it seems the fishing only gets better.

I was out every morning from the 3rd to the 13th and every morning was guaranteed a decent haul.

total catch ended up being exactly 100 dart, 12 whiting, 2 tailor, 1 flathead, 2 sharks. Now that was 10 days of pure fishing fun. The dart seemed to bite day round year round on most bait, I caught them on pippi's, bonito, pilchard and 30 grams halco twisties. The tailor were both legal around 40cm each and the bite on the mid rising tide on strip bonito and pillies. the whiting consistently bit 2 hours either side of the low tide. the flathead was just a bycatch very welcomed like the bream from a few weeks before.

the sharks on the other hand were just luck, i properly landed one that was only small but the other was massive, possibly 2 meters, i saw the shape with large pointed dorsal pass through the waves and it was massive. this one i could not land. later that arvo a 2m bullshark was spotted traveling along the beach to maroochydore which was the direction my shark pulled me. it may well be the same shark.

I also learned how to catch beach worms and saw a man who had caught an 84cm jewfish the night before, i held the carcus and it was absolutely amazing, awesome fish.

I am now hooked on shark fishing which is something i wish to pursue.

Thanks, Dom

Thanks for all the replies and support.

Those dart were all caught on a rig i made fore them which is just a sinker on the mainline to a swivel to about 2 foot of trace with one hook running freely on the trace and one tide down. this rig is amazing for most every small species of the beach. that extra hook puts you on the money for every bite

Thanks for all the replies and support.

Those dart were all caught on a rig i made fore them which is just a sinker on the mainline to a swivel to about 2 foot of trace with one hook running freely on the trace and one tide down. this rig is amazing for most every small species of the beach. that extra hook puts you on the money for every bite

That's a great idea mate! Think of it yourself or copy it? Either way it's very clever as that sliding hook would be very attracting sliding up and down. Going to have to try that!!

Archived