Mackerel Madness

pancakes_and_haggis

Well if there's one type of fishing that I enjoy the most I think it would have to be mackerel.

There are so many ways to chase these guys but I've got a 2 that I like the most.

A week or so ago I went in search of them, leaving Noosa in the dark is always abit of a heart in mouth operation across that bar but with the weather and wind playing nice we jumped it around 3 am and decided to head up rainbow beach looming for the macks,

Well the two ways I like to chase them is with floating pillies and Livies under a balloon. As its so relaxing and extremely effective.

With big spaniards The first run is so brutal, if your not ready you'll usually just see the rod tip barely bounce thinking you had a bite or a reefie has come up and hit your pilchard which usually results in me sitting there for 20 minutes with nothing on the end of the line as the whole Los been snipped of without me even realizing.

After an hours dash up rainbow we set the anchor and began a big burley trial, the fish took a while to arrive but once they did it was just rediculous.

We has multiple double hook ups, 2 triple hookups and for first time for me we managed a quad hook up.

We did manage to get this on film but are keeping the footage to make a summer mackerel clip.

Seeing one rod go off makes relieved that the drive was worth it, seein two go off together makes you smile, when the third goes off you just laugh and when the fourth starts screaming you just pray they don't all go into one big mess, thankfully the fourth on this occasion sniped us off and the third fish just got locked drag in The rod holder. :)

I've just recently had a Baitmate bait tank and rod holder setup installed on te boat and I couldn't be happier.

post-8891-144599101578_thumb.jpg

post-8891-144599101587_thumb.jpg

post-8891-144599101594_thumb.jpg

post-8891-1445991016_thumb.jpg

Until next time

Cheers

You only need ice if you care about hygiene, not everyone keeps fish to eat them,

These fish were not planned for human consumption.

Use your imagination I won't answer questions.

You do realise that whales eat plankton ............ :P :silly: :woohoo: Nice haul there Callum, well done. Did you stop at a particular spot or did you just find bait and stop? Good fun the old mackies!!

Archived