Sea snakes in the brizzy river?

robski

Hi all.

Made my third trip to the pontoon bear Brett's Wharf last night. The only catches where 2 strange looking things... I don't really know what they are. Sea snakes perhaps? A bream, and two of those prickley worm kinda things. Oh, and a dude who was waiting for the city cat came over for a look. I ended up giving him a rod for an hour or two and he ended up having a small but decent fight with a stingray. Not a bad night all in all. Saw many hundreds od jellyfish streaming past, too.

The unidentified creature...

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/img_3171.jpg

post-803-144598429955_thumb.jpg

Nice... looks like a great contender for some home-made Unagi sushi!!!

The head's totally wrong for a sea-snake. It's far too pointed and narrow at the tip and as well, the eyes are way too large and protruding to be a snake too. And yeap, a sea snake's tail ends in a sudden flatness, not as nice and gradual as eels.

Good think it wasn't a sea-snake, they're pretty venomous! You'd have had a hard time gettin rid of it w/o getting bitten. Best way is if you ain't sure, jus cut off the leader!

Archived