Pb Grinner!!!

samsteele115

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I hadn't been out for a fish for a couple of weeks so the decision was made Friday night to brave the average forecast for Saturday.

10-15 knot Nw for the morning was predicted and reaching up to 25 knots by midday.

Well I can tell you that was far from the case.

Samrenny and I arrived to the Scarborough ramp before dawn with only 3 trailers in the entire car park!

The plan was to fish the peninsula for snapper and get a bit of cover from the predicted NW wind at the same time.

Well that was not needed because the entire bay was very smooth right up until midday!

Sam lost a nice fish early but that was about it. It was amazing to only see a few boats fishing the Scarborough reef at dawn on a Saturday.

post-11925-14459911448_thumb.jpg

By 9am I decided to go exploring to make the most of the good conditions and headed over to Moreton and across to Bribie. We stopped at the beacons along the way and did some microjigging.

Sam hooked a nice fish and got it close to the boat before its teeth got to the leader. My guess was mackerel.

A couple of drops later he hooked up to a very good fish which nearly spooled him on 20lb in about 20 seconds :blink:.

He managed to hold the spool and pop the leader before it spooled him. Our guess was a very solid kingfish or cobia by the way it fought.

Anyway to get on topic, I could only catch these bloody things. This is the biggest grinner I have seen! New Pb :lol:

post-11925-144599114472_thumb.jpg

Great sunrise photo.

How good is it when everyone else pikes it and have the bay to yourself?

Poor Reny not getting to see some of the fish that he hooks.

Last time we were out we watched how aggressive the grinders were. In 3 meters of water you could see them chase the SP down and then hook them up. Cool to see and they are quite a good looking fish to me. Should start a Comp for the largest grinner.

Archived