Schultz on Friday morning - 26th Oct

username_taken

ill be launching my boat near nudgee beach opposite the dump at the shultz cannal boat ramp at about 5/5:30 im in a ba falcon ute with a 15ft nautiglass runabout with afo stickers on the side give me a wave and ill pull in if i see you unless some one has a better plan:)i can allways come on down on the push bike

gday all gunna try to get down to schultz's fri morn weather permitting i will be looking for folks so keep an eye out for a delica van that looks lost sometime around 9 or so gunna try meet up with faulked if all goes well hope to see some of you there tomorrow kerro

username_taken wrote:

shortie wrote:
Im keen but hwere you guys meeting.

Ive never been there befor so some directions would be good.

I don't know Schultz very well, so I'm guessing it's easiest if we just meet up somewhere around the nudgee rd bridge. Which I think is where the carpark is. see here :

google maps

Yep, the park is just inbetween the two bridges. If your heading north along Nudgee Rd, you have to go past the bridges, then do a u-turn as quick as possible, and the park is just on the left when your going south along it.

Good Luck.

how did you guys go at shultz this morning i landed 2 small sharks half adozen 2ft plus catties 1 bream in the castnet and a heap of little catties. i couldnt get up as far as you guys as there is a barge being used as a bridge it blocks boat access up the river at that point:( still it was good structure to fish against on an incoming tide:)

I met up with Shortie and kevin and spent a couple of hours at Schultz, but there was too much of the fresh flavoured water from last nights rain, so the fish were off.

Gave up and headed up to NPD, getting there somewhere around 10:30(ish). Parked at Forgans ( I think? ) and Kevin explained to me that taking two rods wouldn't mean twice as many fish, so I reluctantly left one behind.

After a bit of walking with kevin stopping occasionally to test the depth we finally found a decent spot. I threw on one of my Aldi lures ( $6 for 4 ) and quickly caught a 30cm Bass

DSC03010.JPG

This is my first ever Bass, my first ever fresh water fish to be exact!

Had a laugh at the fact that the Aw/s400/DSC03012.JPG

DSC03014.JPG

It's starting to get hot by this stage, and Shortie tells us he's buggered and asks for the time, of course in the 5 seconds he's not concentrating on catching fish, a bass jumps on his lure and he brings in a nice 40cm bass

DSC03017.JPG

DSC03016.JPG

A bit more fishing, but no more fish, so we headed off around 1pm.

At the bridges?

Under the Gateway, there is a rocky ledge that is only about 1m at high tide, but there is one section just beyond the ledge (southern side) that would be 2m at high tide.

Under the Nudgee Rd, it would be 2-3m at high tide.

The Nudge Rd bridge is better, We've caught 3 fish there compared to none under the gateway.

Archived