Bribie Beach Donuts (Sat 5/09)

STKE

It's been a while since I've had an opportunity to have a decent fish.

A early trip to bribie was on the cards with the missus old man.

Stop into gateway to get some live worms. They only had wrigglers but It was really good to learn how the breed them at the Research centre on the island (I really need to do a tour).

Pumped Yabbies at Mouth of Ningi

Tried first a Red Beach, but with a flat beach, low tide, wind in your face and weed on the beach. We quickly made the call to abandon that and since I still have beach permit up the beach we went.

Conditions were nicer for about half an hour before the wind turned.

After about 2 hours of no bites and only a random legal bream, we made another call to move up to the cut in of the Inland Access track so we could continue to fish and not be stuck on the beach.

Bugger all up there as well.

We saw 4 netter boats patrolling the beach with a convoy of utes, so that quite easily explains the poor fishing. It really shits me the netting at popular fishing places. I know people have got to make a living.

Fished again at the day use stop which is on the passage side for under size trevally and bream.

We get married next weekend and so I'll have a few opportunities to take the boat out next week.

post-10385-144599121214_thumb.jpg

Do you have much success of the beach there? Used to try there years ago before I got my own boat and was never very successful, but that might just be me. Pity about the netters being there same day, but like you said they are entitled to make a living provided they operate within their licence conditions.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks ellicat

This is the first time I have never gotten a feed. Normally dart are in there Plague proportions, but with the netters around raping the joint. I wouldn't bother.

School holidays is around the corner too. So the poor beach is currently cooping a hiding.

Hi STKE,

It's never good to have a donut (I had one yesterday) but any number of reasons could explain why you didn't catch a legal fish. You did say that you caught a legal bream which would mean that it is not an actual donut.

Did you see the netters working or just driving the beach? If you only saw them driving, then how do you know that they had deployed a net that day? Perhaps they drove the beach and did not see a school of fish to try to catch. It would be amazing if the fish were spooked by the netters' cars as opposed to yours. That would imply that the fish can differentiate between a car driven by a commercial fisherman as opposed to a recreational fisherman!

We all know that if fishers (whether they are commercial, recreational or indigenous) catch fish in a certain location that there will be fewer fish there available for others to catch for an amount of time. But if you didn't actually see the netters working, how do you know they caught the fish you were fishing for?

Good luck for the big day,

Andrew

Hey guys,

Been fishing here numerous times and always a donut. Tried so many different baits and lures and SP but best I have done is a few smaller dart.

Personally I have seen those cars mentioned with nets in waters and on the beach emptying there nets....

I don't bother throwing rods in anymore. Just go there for the serenity.

Archived