Narrowneck Tailor 8 September

Joe K

Hi Guys,

It's been full-on at work so I dashed down to Narrowneck for a spot of fishing. Mate had phoned me saying there were hundreds of fishos on the beach from the SP Jetty to Phillip Park. I prefer to fish around the Sea World area bcos of the deeper gutters but with more fishos than fish I opted for a quiet fish at Narrowneck. There was a light Easterly and sea conditions were ideal.

With only several fishos on 500m of beach I was keen to wade into the surf and after a few casts I got my first hit at 5.30pm. I dropped the fish half way in so I quickly rebaited and cast out again. Within seconds the pilly was hit and I was onto a nice tailor with a crowd of tourists giving me encouragement. When the tailor was beached a crowd gathered and looking up at all the smiling faces was a great feeling. I ran down to the surf to cast and quickly hooked up again landing a 2nd tailor to more smiles. The next three hookups resulted in three snap-offs. My 20lb braid had been damaged when the tailor school swam into it. When the tide peaked at 6pm the fish went off the bite.

On the turn of the tide the baby tailor came on the chew. They were difficult to hook-up but I still managed a couple around 36-37cm which were released. Breathing in the fresh salty air pepped me up and I called it a night at 7.30pm. Not a big catch of tailor but enough fillets for a family meal.

Cheers... Joe.

post-10975-144599121241_thumb.jpg

post-10975-144599121255_thumb.jpg

post-10975-144599121266_thumb.jpg

I last fished among that Sea World crowd in August 2015. There was too much aggro with fishos mouthing off at their neighbours. Quite unpleasant listening to that crap so I packed up and left after several casts. These days I'll fish any gutter without a crowd in front of it.

Archived