Bigg Bass for a little girl

Wazz

Last Saturday my 6 year old daughter woke me up at about 6am. With no chance of going back to sleep I thought I would be able to sneak out for a quick fish down @ colleges before my 4 year old and wife woke up. we arrived at 7 am after picking up a bag of prawns from the servo and proceeded to rig up. I rigged my daughters line first and casted it out while I was rigging my own up. Her bait had been in the water no longer than a minute when I heard her yelling "dad I've got one". I immediately thought that she must of been snagged until I heard line stripping off her bright pink kids Berkley combo and saw the little rod bending in half. I raced over and she tried to hand me the rod but I just told her to keep winding and make sure she kept the rod tip High. After about 2 minutes she pulled the fish in and to my surprise it was a large wild water bass that she had landed. I didn't have the measuring tape with me but I had caught a 44cm model at the same spot a while ago and it easily was bigger than the one I had landed. I called it for about 50 cms took a few quick photos and sent it back into the drink. We had a few more casts for only a few more bites then thought it was best to make it home before the hand brake and my other girl woke up. She was very excited and seeing one of your kids land a prized fresh water sports fish like that is better than catching one yourself. At least she has got the fishing bug now and I'll always have a buddy to go with me. Thanks for reading and any comments on estimated size would be appreciated.

post-11070-144599123139_thumb.jpg

post-11070-144599123145_thumb.jpg

Archived