Windy Dam Bassin

Joe K

Arrived at the water's edge and the wind kept changing directions. Not good. I'd landed my 2nd bass when I heard a familiar voice behind me. James... the cracker basser with the Kato blades. True to form he was getting hookups almost every cast. The bigger bass did not show up but the baby bass kept us entertained. 

image.png

That's a nice bass that you caught there Joe!  Hahaha I think I'll be broadening my range of lures after using the megabass blade again!  Think I'll be getting more of them and maybe some of those evergreen little max blades (I remember you saying they work very well and after looking them up just then that's the blade you were smashing them with yesterday wasn't it?).  I though I might see you but I didn't recognise the car so thought it may have just been people going for a walk.  It's always a good surprise when you are expecting a solo session and you find a friend there that has just arrived and started fishing!  We'll have to head out for more sessions during the holidays.

James

Haha yeah but if they mean catching more fish then I think he'd be happy to compromise (well that's what I'm trying to convince myself anyway:P).  It was definitely interesting to note that the megabass just didn't seem to snag up.  I think it winds up to the surface faster than the katos or something because I didn't hook a snag all session thankfully!

James

Archived