Dollie mayhem and great assorted colour

tugger

Headed offshore with my mate Lindsay with a good forecast we decided to try a few places for a feed 1st stop was getting livies and after a hour we had a tank full and off we set in search of some fun. Rocked up to our 1st ground and dollies were jumping out of the water so we threw some livies at them and we hooked straight up to some good dollies with them jumping and running hard we had a ball taking it in turns fishing and driving the boat. Lindsay got his best dollie to date with 1 of his going 1.1m long there were a few more around the meter mark making a great early hit up on the dollies a boat next to us hooked a big bull dollie as we saw it jump and they fought it for around 15 minutes before losing it the boys said it would have been around 15 kg.

After we got our bag of dollies we moved to our next ground and anchored up allowing us to run some livies while we also floatlined for snapper etc, the fish were steady and we started to put some snapper and moses perch in the box. I hooked something big on my 20lb floatline gear and it was playing hard running and head thumping bringing me to believe it was a big snapper but how wrong was I when a green jobfish surfaced.P1030325.JPG.a2aa27363b68f327766e31821ff

P1030327.JPG.fb4fab29cd5dca164b1eea5c5ae

We fished on and some of the moses perch were brutes with 1 going 50cm which I have not seen them this size for a while P1030329.JPG.ff9bf7ea4e6a37043c95f6ffbce

Lindsay got a  nice tuskie and the box started have a wide assortment of colours, at lunch time we called stumps and ran home with a cold slurry to chill plenty of quality fish in the esky. Beers were just what the doctor ordered while we knocked off the sides of the fish after a few photos to remember the day here is our final tallyP1030337.JPG.71037f3d70d3ea6a61ef6d15bee

The 2 best dollies including Lindsay's PBP1030338.JPG.b1893333f80fd53478d4930fc24

36 minutes ago, Angus said:

Nice! Saw that Moses on facebook and liked itin

Do the dollies hang around most of Summer?

Def on my list of targets as chasing them in png on the light to medium gear was unreal fun.

Angus 

Yeah dollies will hang around all summer Angus make sure they are bled and In a Ice slurry for best results on the plate

What a great mornings catch. Itching to get out get some Dollies when you see these reports.

I just installed a scoop for the live bait tank so it fills while driving and the pump is not running. This should open up more chances at fish on Livies and your reports confirm it.

Just a quick question when you are float lining do you berley?

11 hours ago, Luvit said:

What a great mornings catch. Itching to get out get some Dollies when you see these reports.

I just installed a scoop for the live bait tank so it fills while driving and the pump is not running. This should open up more chances at fish on Livies and your reports confirm it.

Just a quick question when you are float lining do you berley?

I haven't burleyed for a long time only because I am slack and the current can run hard some days and it would be out of sight in seconds it does pay to burley though if you use a drop cage for it everything helps. I get enough success with out most days floatlining

7 hours ago, Tybo said:

What a day, great catch there, and that job fish is a brute, awesome fish. How did you find the dollies, spot you have, water temps, or specific depth line?

The dollies will congregate around anything floating out in good clear blue water so the waverider bouys are a good start this is where I found them this time but I have caught them on the reefs off the goldie with no surface structure around when they get thick during summer you can find them in 40m + over the reefs

1 hour ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Great looking box of fish Mark, very well done mate!!  Been flat out with school reports and preparing for swimming carnival next week so looking forward to getting out after some dollies over Xmas hols.

xmas holidays are just around the corner now Kelvin you should get amongst them then hope it is another good season for pelagics

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2015‎ ‎5‎:‎27‎:‎45‎, straddiebrad said:

good bag there mark those moses are  a great size i didnt try for them when i was over that way,that job fish looks bigger then the other one you got  there a while back well done

This jobfish is about the same as the last 1 I got floatlining they are plenty of fun on the lighter gear at this size but I have got plenty in the last 10 years my best going 17kg at the rock he took 1 of those live trevally

Archived