Straddie Land based assualt - who is keen to join?

The Mad Hughesy

Hey all,

After being inspired by a couple of land based reports from straddie of late im keen to get over there and try it all for myself. I will just be walking on the barge with my backpack and rod and catching a bus when over there to the point lookout area and just trying to access the water around that area via walking tracks etc. return walk on ticket for the barge is $19, wont be much for the bus over there plus lunch. will be a cheap trip really, under $50.

Never fished there before so it will be all new to me. Happy to have anyone come along to explore. No date locked in yet, just seeing if there is any interest for it.

cheers, Chris

I don't think I will be going there again for a while unfortunately. Just pointing out that the Stradbroke flyer water taxi is about the same price and takes half as long. The extra 30-40 minutes total on the barge for both ways would be worth considering especially for a day trip. It's a no brainer for me, I would still take the taxi even if it was an extra 15 bucks (which it is not). 

1 hour ago, samsteele115 said:

I don't think I will be going there again for a while unfortunately. Just pointing out that the Stradbroke flyer water taxi is about the same price and takes half as long. The extra 30-40 minutes total on the barge for both ways would be worth considering especially for a day trip. It's a no brainer for me, I would still take the taxi even if it was an extra 15 bucks (which it is not). 

Thanks for the tip

Archived