Nordic Stage Cheater Smashing The Pelagics

Since Nordic Stage's introduction to Australian shores we have focused largely on finesse gear.

Now for whatever reason people have often chosen to push that gear to the limits which can be risky but cool.

It was with this in mind the Cheater range was introduced, the name literally referring to these rods ability to cheat the odds.

After pushing them to the limits in PNG some of the local crew have also been punishing them with great results. Despite being very light weight due to their low resin content they still have some serious back bone.

Justin from the Sunshine Coast has recently been nailing a variety of pelagics on plastics with his Cheater 6-14lb rod...

1.jpg.c16502ded707707f91244421daf5b8f6.j

2.jpg.a6a8b4d61d06e06557adcd17d511c8a4.j3.jpg.5975694848144cfadf214c2b829c737f.j

And SE QLD based angler Sam bagged this very solid Moreton Bay tuna on his in under 10 minutes on the 10-22lb model.

4.jpg.b2156c4e6a57eda76ae40e4abd023cba.j

All in all we are very happy with these rods and they will serve any angler whether they want a rod for barra and jacks, right through to pelagic speedsters like these.

The Crew

Nordic Stage Australia

Nice! They are surprisingly powerful being so light, definitely stoked I knocked that one over in 7 minutes and can't wait for the next one. It is already my go to pelagic rod over another reputable rod brand such as the shimano terez due to the lightness and feel of the Cheater.

I like how Justin put the rod across his knees for the photos, might do that next time because holding a fish of that size and the rod seemed too difficult at the time :P 

Plus one for pelagics on the cheater, I'm yet to fish with a rod that I have as much confidence In for the lightness and weight class. I use my cheater for everything from jigging kings and amberjacks to spinning chrome for Spanish and even live baiting mahimahi.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Archived