NRL 2016 Comps

ellicat

Cheers Brian for the invite and setting up the comps again :) I`m all signed on for the tipping comp.

Giving the super coach a miss again this year, in the past I`ve found, over analysis of the theoretical, causes paralysis of over-analysis.  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/02/2016 at 8:03 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

All signed up for the tipping comp again Brian - time to get revenge on Steve!!  Have even done my tips for Round 1 - I wonder how many I'll change between now and then ....

what about supercoach Kelvin. Time to put up your team - Brian needs and easy beat this year :P

Nah mate I can't do things half-hearted and know I will turn into a crazed lunatic who is up to midnight each night researching, etc ....... Myself and a few mates entered Champion of Champions Tipping Comp (you tip on 100 different sports events for the year ....) and let's just say I didn't sleep much .....

Yes, welcome SB. Trust me, you have nothing to fear from me in this comp. I think I was the worst coach last year. Took a while to work out the trades and to remember to watch the team make up so you have a full team each week. This year will be tough with the Thursday night games. There will only be 2 days. Between team announcements and first game for the week. Might have to call in sick every Wednesday.

On ‎29‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 9:24 PM, crazywalrus said:

welcome aboard - time to give gad, steve and ellicat a hard time

some people.... Ted, I don`t mind hearing heavy breathing behind me... BUT, that`s as far as it goes! :no::lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Quick update for those playing along at home ...........

New(ish) member @Daylight has loomed into (the rather large void to claim ...) 2nd place with some other nufties trailing in not so hot pursuit ....... :whistle:;):devil:

(Now I just hope @Old Scaley doesn't pull off 4 perfect rounds in a row ...... :devil:).

10 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Unlikely, @kmcrosby78. I always tip Broncs and Cowboys so with no JT this week and an out form Brisbane team missing half their stars I think Mr Daylight may well streak ahead this week. I haven't looked at SuperCoach since before origin. I just found it was too time consuming and the app is really clunky on an iPad.  Who can believe how good the sharks are playing? Maybe a new peptide program?

Quick update for those playing along at home ...........

New(ish) member @Daylight has loomed into (the rather large void to claim ...) 2nd place with some other nufties trailing in not so hot pursuit ....... :whistle:;):devil:

(Now I just hope @Old Scaley doesn't pull off 4 perfect rounds in a row ...... :devil:).

13 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Anyway, there should be a law against tipping against your team. Where is your loyalty Kelvin?

In an ideal world I like to be loyal AND win, but if given the choice, I'd rather win ....... ;)

I still haven't given up on them, if they can get the troops back, get a few wins and some cohesion and confidence, then I still think they can make the final and then it's anyone's.  Fingers crossed!

• 1 month later...

A big (cough cough splutter splutter) congrats to Kelvin and Daylight for a well played season, also well done Steve, ecat and Luke.

Ted, Ted, Ted, :D what can I say, ok nothing…  :lol:  

Brianna well done on hanging in there.:flowers: This year was your practice run for next year :)

Cheers gents - I just tried looking at the ladder but don't seem to be able to find the 'Tipping' section on the site anymore?  Had a nervous end to my school one - if I got all 3 wrong on Sunday and the lady chasing me in 2nd had got all 3 right (and she did to get a perfect round) I'd have lost after leading all season. On the website we use you can change your tips and I did at the last minute and went Parra - then I came upstairs to check the score and Warriors were up 12-nil after 8 minutes.  Man I was glad to see the final score!!!

Yes Steve, bring on the finals. Assuming Brisbane win this week it will be a HUGE clash next week against either the Storm or Cowboys. VERY glad we'll get one more day off than either of these teams (although obviously we'll have to travel).

Archived