Fishing Knowledge Test

Steffen Mayer

Thanks the word "tool" is used because I have a little catch contest on my facebook group - the facebook users use this tool to registrate their catch - these are 90% german catch - mostly catfish

http://tool.lurezilla.com/showcatch.php?P=B148C1453032931&i=201

sometimes some exotic like the following

http://tool.lurezilla.com/showcatch.php?P=B210C1455454437&i=208

If I will develop more knowledgetests I will check to create an extra domain called "quiz". Thanks for your advice! Do you like the Test? Too easy or to difficult?

To be honest mate, I felt it had no benefit at all. I looked at it under the premise of it being a tool. 

The content was not relevant to the fishing I do, there was nothing useful (as you'd expect with a tool).

In all, I thought it was pretty lame, and I guess, I don't see the purpose of it.

I'm not trying to be harsh, or disrespectful, so, apologies if it seems that way. 

I think there needs to be more questions and broader questions at that for it to be an accurate 'fishing knowledge' test. It's very biased towards European catfish and carp fishers so you might have an absolute fishing legend from New Zealand take the quiz for example but someone who only fishes for the mentioned species in Europe with a tenth of the knowledge might get a higher score. Does not make it an accurate test. 

Include broader questions about fishing/species/techniques and 4 times the amount of questions then you might have a more accurate test. 

For it to be a 'tool', you need to include the answers to the questions so you can see the questions you got wrong and learn more about it. 

Without being able to see what you got wrong makes it a complete waste of time in my opinion. 

Would be happy to do it again once you make a few changes! :)

Include more questions like "what is the largest of the marlin species" and "what country is spot tail bass most prolific" etc etc etc

• Thanks for your answers - this is only a little fun test that you can do in a short break to spend time - in germany it was very popular in catfishing communitys. Currently I'm working on a catfishing knowledge test - maybe I will also a develop a little spinfishing knowledge test. I try to develop the tests in a way that they can be answered around the world - my focus are european fish because these are the fish I mostly catch but I'm very interested in the australian fish fauna.

• 2 weeks later...

Got 50% on the spin fishing quiz, bare in mind I don't even know what spin fishing is. but I agree with Dino and doyley there's no relevance to Australia and why ask that question on this forum. Isn't there forums in Germany where the catfish, carp, pike and spin fishing quizs would be better suited rather than a Australia-based fishing forum?? The last sentence was just my opinion not meaning anything else then is there better suited forums for your European-based quizs in your home country. By the way the quiz tool thingys weren't that bad actually, good luck with your hobby hope it treats you well! :)

Archived