What's Your Plans For Easter?

Damien2Rad

What's every one up to over the long weekend?

Myself, Callum (pancakes and haggis), Chris (old mate), and 6 more mates are hitting up Fraser Island with a semi serious plan of targeting large fish from the beach. Failing that, a bag limit of whiting to bring home for the parents would be nice too.

Fishing, family, camping for you?

Cheers, Damien.

Noosaville from Easter Monday until Sunday (6 nights) with the wife and kids so hoping to get my son Liam onto some more fish (flathead is next on his hit list), hopefully hold the rod with my 13month old so he can 'catch' his first (pufferfish if need be ..... :)) and I'll be slipping out when I can to fish solo (river mouth either at night or early morning plus probably the banks of the river at Noosaville in the middle of the day while they're sleeping, and possibly might even try for dart on the main beach.

Casurina northern NSW with in laws. Hopefully creem fish, headland, and beach. Might even try and based session up around Uki for some bass...

Anyone fished that upper upper Tweed area?

Sounds like we can expect some good report post Easter :)

Glad to hear so many are leaving town. I am hoping to get out on the water leaving from one of the local ramps and it would be great if there was a park left when I get there at gentlemen's hours. Weather looks great for a change. Good luck everyone and stay safe on the water and the road.

Heading up to DI on Thursday Morning coming back Sunday. Never been before so it's either going to be really good or really bad. 

I actually just check before and saw that all the permits are booked out for the Friday and Saturday, so It looks like there might be quite a bit of traffic. 

6 hours ago, RUSSIAN said:

Camping at Platypus Bay at Peel from Friday till Monday or Tuesday. Pretty keen to scope out the area this time of year

Will be interested to hearing of your camping experience there Anthony - I've never set foot on Peel but imagine I'd like to camp there with my family in years to come, so finding out how busy it is/what it is like over Easter should give me a good guide.

30 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Will be interested to hearing of your camping experience there Anthony - I've never set foot on Peel but imagine I'd like to camp there with my family in years to come, so finding out how busy it is/what it is like over Easter should give me a good guide.

It's an excellent spot to camp Kelvin. I have found that Horseshoe can get quick busy and Platypus is better if you want to have some more privacy. Would be ideal for your family :)

Archived