Bumpy Ride For An Old Woman Adventure

Danielle

As per usual I'll let the Captain give you the technical details but all in all had a brilliant day out with @Luvit. I was an outstanding deckie. We caught 3 fish with a total mass of around 4 grams.

Old Woman Island, Dolphins, Turtles, Scuba Divers, Chilled out Country tunes and an abandoned JetSki were the flavour of the day.

FINALLY caught myself a species of Flathead (Miniature Sunshine Reef Shiny Flathead). And YES there is a fish in the photo - Wayne's amazing photographic skills.

No wussy seasickness for me @ellicat I guess some people just don't have what it takes.

Cannot wait to go out again!

image.jpeg

Technical details were the wind was blowing 15-20knts NNW we took shelter behind old woman island and dropped anchor. Could not get to hold it, we broke anchor  3 times before it held. Dropped some baits and tried a few lures for small bites.  

At at least we didn't doughnut but it was not a fair dinkum day just a quick try after testing new propeller. 

Danielle is easily pleased and keen as. Good to finally meet and share a little bit of Banter. Took it easy since it was her first time. But I think the more you give the more Danielle we give back. 

Next time it will be better.

5 hours ago, Danielle said:

No wussy seasickness for me @ellicat I guess some people just don't have what it takes.

I was thinking of retiring hurt after such a vicious, nasty comment :bye:, but I am a fighter :devil: and will retort that it is no coincidence Wayne took you to fish in the shadow of that particular island. :P

Glad you had a good time, guys.

10 hours ago, Luvit said:

Danielle is easily pleased and keen as. Good to finally meet and share a little bit of Banter. Took it easy since it was her first time. But I think the more you give the more Danielle we give back. 

Next time it will be better.

PLEASE explain......

19 hours ago, ellicat said:

I was thinking of retiring hurt after such a vicious, nasty comment :bye:, but I am a fighter :devil: and will retort that it is no coincidence Wayne took you to fish in the shadow of that particular island. :P

Glad you had a good time, guys.

Haha... I really was so worried I'd be sick - took travel calm tablets the night before, purchased the same wristbands for acupressure, ginger bears... Then left them all at home! Who knows I may not have done so well without them??

On 11/5/2016 at 7:02 AM, Gad said:

Just normal stuff.

Danielle did suggest I was old at 46. But when I saw a couple of young fit dudes strutting along the break water without shirts on Danielle's eyes were fixed in that direction. I suggested she stop staring and they were young enough to her sons! Then she tell me that she didn't notice them and she was thinking about how many mud crabs and prawns would be hiding in the rock wall.

I didn't buy it:fishing2:

Bahahahahahaha I believe my exact words in response to them being young enough to be my sons were: expletive expletive expletive!

And I probably should have noticed the guys if I was any kind of normal singleton but I honestly was eyeing off a potential position for land based bait drowning lol.

46??? :51_scream: I thought you'd be lucky to have hit 40!!  By 46 I'll be lucky to not have a wheelchair! In 25 years when I'm 46 I hope to be wrong :141_dancer:

Archived