Tweed River Trip 18/11/16 - 21/11/16

timtam_

I finally managed some time away from Brisbane and headed to Fingal Heads Holiday Park (highly recommend). Tika and I went with Mick and his Mrs, who both love fishing as well! 

With 4 people in the boat, Mick was hesitant to go offshore and we only managed to fish out there at the outside reef for half an hour. Tika came up tight on a Remora, I pulled in a PB tusky and Tika hooked a trevally which was "too big" for her to reel in by herself. Seasickness on Megs behalf cut the session short just as Tika and I both got smoked on 20lb, and we headed back in. 

The next two days were spend fishing in the river, swimming, surfing, drinking and not thinking about work! We had left the yabby pump in Brisbane and as a result, had to rely on servo bait for the girls and lures for Mick and I. We could not believe the difference in the ecosystem in the Tweed vs any given river in QLD. Schools of hundreds of mullet everywhere, bream in clear water by the thousands, and sight casting 35cm whiting! (Yes i forgot about the FOTM comp) :(

Anyway, generally the river was pretty quiet fishing-wise, the highlight being my PB flatty going on a Zman 3" Streakz slow rolled in a foot of water just above the weeds. It was also pretty special to see a 40cm flatty appear from nowhere and engulf my lure as I threw it at a school of bream on a drop off for a laugh! #Filletandrelease

IMG_2354[1].JPG

IMG_2355[1].JPG

IMG_2358[1].JPG

IMG_2359[1].JPG

IMG_2357[1].JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Archived